One piece hero lens

I'm pretty sure I've seen a photo of a one piece hero lens somewhere.  Maybe in a book or from an archive or prop site?  I've literally searched for days...FISD, RPF, starwarshelmets and searched every combination I can think of on Bing and Google.  If you have this photo or know where I can find it, please post?  Thanks.

Here's from when eFX disassembled a hero helmet:

6sqye9U.png

You can also look at TIE and ATAT helmets as those too used hero faceplates

http://starwarshelmets.com/realtie23.JPG

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

I  wonder how hard it would be for for  someone with a vac-table to make these using an existing faceplate.  Might be a cool option for armor makers to offer.

Fascinating. And a new piece of information now sees the light :)

interesting paul.. many of us have known that the original bubble lens was a single part.  you can even watch AA form one on the

original mold.  sorry to bring that up... but he does have that... and he made the TIE helmet shown in the photo.

shown in the video series is a black acrylic lens being formed... but it's nice to see the EFX lid showing the green.

lenses were black,. green and yellow in the lens portions of SW helmets... the yellow being xwing/ywing pilot helmets in

the faceted design.

Anybody else have a different picture of a one piece lens?  I'm waiting on AP armor.  Once I have it, I was considering making an aluminum "buck" or "form" for a one piece AP lens.  I figure it would offer more attachment options and/or each side could be extended to reach the ear screws.  The problem with a one piece lens is that it would likely only fit one type of helmet well.  Slight differences in eye spacing/angle/shape would probably cause fitment problems with different types of helmets.  But, as Todd pointed out, it would be a nice option for armor makers to offer...