What we know about strapping, snaps, rivets etc

Locitus

No idea unfortunately. But I'm sure there will be some on eBay.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Can we get some info on the exact make and model of the hooks used on the calves? I don't see anything about that in the OP.

Really?

shinhooks.png

And the gallery link leads to this:

med_gallery_12157_59_245728.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ok, a quick question on the elastic across the bottom of the bells. It initially says that it is 270mm long, but when breaking it down it says 40mm of the 210 is glued to one side and 20mm to the other. Is the total length 270 with 60 glued down and 210 across the gap, or is the total length 210?

Ok, a quick question on the elastic across the bottom of the bells. It initially says that it is 270mm long, but when breaking it down it says 40mm of the 210 is glued to one side and 20mm to the other. Is the total length 270 with 60 glued down and 210 across the gap, or is the total length 210?

I don't know. Send Chris a PM. But I promise that it was different on each suit. You're better off worrying about where to find the exact style elastic than how much was glued to each side.

• 10 months later...

What is the Length of the "Shoulder Elastics" that connect the "Back Plate" to the "Chest Plate"?

Also, How much of a space should there be between the "Shoulder Plate" and "Back Plate" tabs?

Andy

Edited by PGHtrooper21

Could someone please tell me the size in mm?

I have no idea. But I don't think these hooks are measured in specific units either.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

The brackets width is 38mm from one screw to another. But does anybody know if the width of the bigger brackets is the same?<br>

And what height are the brackets? Or do they all have a different height, because they were handmade?

• 8 months later...

Found some really useful info here to help me upgrade my strapping system, and was thinking I might as well offer to help anyone (whether a poster in the thread or just someone reading and in need) if any of the issues still persist, to the degree I can. <br><br>

I live in NYC about 4 blocks from the Garment District, and as such have access to a selection of elastics, for one, that should eliminate any further searching. ESPECIALLY IF SOMEONE IS LOOKING FOR ONE 1" WEAVE VS ANOTHER 1" WEAVE TYPE OF THING, something that I honestly only caught recently reading the detail at the beginning of this thread. Please just let me know if I can return the favor of all the amazing info provided. <br><br>

Also, if there are any other obscure item someone thinks can be found in NYC, happy to help too. Wasn't going to start a thread as I'm not trying to sell $3 elastic to make anything and this is geared toward obsessive people like me who appreciate the obscure and nuanced details.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

According to the first post on this thread the torso elastics have a width of 25mm. But what is the length of the loops? I have some meters of 25mm elastic here and want to sew the loops.

• 1 year later...

There has been a bit of a debate going on on FB (maybe on here as well?) about whether the drop boxes were attached to the elastic with pop or cap rivets.

Thought I'd add these pics of the RS original belt I took last year to clear things up:

Toqq9WB.jpg

ThtgODg.jpg

JUnLR2e.jpg

x8FR8kB.jpg

it's the same style of cap rivet used to attach the belt to the vac formed front piece.

FISD team: Feel free to add those pics to the reference gallery :)

Edited by R2Dan
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, riddeth said:

hi @R2Dan can you confirm if the type of the rivet is Single Cap rivet?

thanks

Yes, the ones shown above are indeed single cap rivets.

• Like 1

as you can see, the cap is on the inside, with the open, uncapped side seen on the back of the box. Single cap, indeed.

Not a pop rivet, as some may have thought

6 minutes ago, R2Dan said:

as you can see, the cap is on the inside, with the open, uncapped side seen on the back of the box. Single cap, indeed.

Not a pop rivet, as some may have thought

i see, i need the exact name so easier for me to search across the web. Thanks Dan