Need assessment on Ebay Auction ANH Stormtrooper

Mordsith

Hi.

So I am interested in buying/building my first set of armor, been looking at this auction on ebay: 

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=161228588518

Can anyone tell if this looks like a 501st approved set or if it is a good deal? All comments / noob bashing is welcome.

Thanks.

Mordsith

Good source material (AP), but crappy build. In my opinion it's too much work to bring it up to a decent standard to justify the cost. Needs some replacement parts as well.

Not being funny BUT....what is wrong with these people? :huh:

It's like there's a 'disconnect' from one side of the brain to the other. It's kindaa obvious that the builder as looked into how to build a suit properly (bars 'n' bolts etc) but for some bizarre reason as just gone off and done his own thing.

$(KGrHqRHJE0FJj9KS,j(BSdf0(CRtQ~~60_57.J

$(KGrHqZHJCoFJkmieS(PBSdf0L!QFw~~60_57.J

As Mathias said, steer clear, far too much money for something that you would have to do a top-to-bottom rebuild on.

:)

Well return edges mostly could be trimmed again and made nice, did he say what he used to glue it all with? if it's E6000 it'll come apart with some work but if it was ABS glue or solvent weld it's baked. If ya can get it cheaper you can find folks for replacement parts,

Personally I'd rebuild it to fit me with a few replacement pieces from a 501st armorer homie, prime and paint the whole thing and rock on.

Another vote to pass on this buy! The price is way to high for the work required.

You potentially could get basic approval with this setup, if your GMO is being lazy and not looking into details.

As said before, you can buy a brand new untrimed suit and make it look perfect for less.

I appreciate all of the responses... Yea, looks like i will be passing on this one, going to keep searching, maybe try to build a new one. I contacted my local 501st unit (Dune Sea Garrison - Tucson Arizona) for some help in obtaining/building my first armor, but I haven't gotten a response yet.

I understand this is probably the wrong thread, but if anyone knows anyone selling good armor, or can recommend any good ebay auctions/sites/sources

So far, the best source I have found is "Ataworks".. anyone else have any experiences with them?

Again, please excuse my noobness, just excited to "get my foot in the door" and get started!  :smiley-sw013:

Mordsith

I appreciate all of the responses... Yea, looks like i will be passing on this one, going to keep searching, maybe try to build a new one. I contacted my local 501st unit (Dune Sea Garrison - Tucson Arizona) for some help in obtaining/building my first armor, but I haven't gotten a response yet.

I understand this is probably the wrong thread, but if anyone knows anyone selling good armor, or can recommend any good ebay auctions/sites/sources

So far, the best source I have found is "Ataworks".. anyone else have any experiences with them?

Again, please excuse my noobness, just excited to "get my foot in the door" and get started!  :smiley-sw013:

Mordsith

Maybe these threads will help you:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19329-where-what-and-whom-to-avoid-when-buying/

I think I'm going to be SICK!

ok... who puts the thigh belt pack on the wrong side on  the armor... and then takes

a photo with it on the correct side?

there is a disconnect from the brain... but most likely it's at the base of his neck?

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Yes, please read the links Locitus provided before you do anything else. All you will ever need for your first build is right here in this site, not eBay. I only stress this because many of us made the mistake of getting something off eBay only to spend more time, effort and money on fixing it up than just getting one from one of our vendors.

I think I'm going to be SICK!

ok... who puts the thigh belt pack on the wrong side on the armor... and then takes

a photo with it on the correct side?

there is a disconnect from the brain... but most likely it's at the base of his neck?

The worst part is the seller did a nice job installing the sniper plate...hardest thing of the AP armor.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk