Help: what's the best/correct order to put on RS armor?

TK1491

Hey all. I just received my long awaited package of fully assembled RS propmasters armor (wOoT!) and since this is my first suit that is "correctly "strapped, I've got some questions. Up until now, I've had armor for years that I've built myself and strapped myself, and have no problems putting it on and taking it off with ease. But now that I've got a "correctly" strapped suit of armor, I have some questions as to the best order to put the darn stuff on! For example, do you guys like to have the arm assemblies snapped in place before putting on the clamshell body? I'm assuming that it's:

bodysuit, shoes, shins, neck seal, thighs, clamshell body, etc. etc. but I've run into difficult spots (eg snapping the darn crotch is a pain after everything else is on ) where it might be easier to do it in a different order. Any and all help is appreciated! Doesn't necessarily have to be RS armor… Could be any similarly strapped assembly. Thanks in advance.

Scott

When you put the clamshell on, snap the crotch first, then the mid section, then the shoulder.

Steve has the right order, you mentioned calfs before thighs, but that couldn't possibly work.

Under suit , neck seal , thighs, belt, boots , shins, torso, shoulder-bicep-forearm assembly, gloves , helmet.

It helps to have all your armor sitting up about waist level, on a bed or dresser or table of some sorts.

Have fun, it gets easier over time. A helper is always nice....

I use a helper but I can put everything on myself. but the shoulder bell snaps and the canvas belt Velcro and the thermal det. I have the undersuit on first with the neck seal, then the thighs, boots, and shins. Once I put the body clam shell on I have the cod piece already snapped. I step through body and put it on being careful with the shoulder straps not scratching my neck and face. Then I snap the side and then the shoulder. I put the arms on then have a helper snap the shoulder bells then secure the canvas belt and lastly the thermal det. It takes getting used to but it is way easier than trying to snap the cod while you have everything on or have a helper snap it for you. Most people don't want to do it. Once I finish building armor for people I always show them how to properly put on the armor and the order of what goes on first. I always make them step through and I have not had anybody have any trouble doing this method.