Stormtrooper from new Star Wars Rebels TV show

bluehickey

His tube stripes are back to front and too low down on his cheeks lol. Sniper plate looks more like a clones, no paint on buttons, no cover strips. Anyone else seeing a Stormtrooper/Clone mash up?

I like the look of the figure. We have to remember guys that they are not trying to be realistic or accurate but this is rather a stylised animated/cartoony depiction of a stormie. I think it's cute and I like the direction they're going into. It is after all not a live action series but rather a cartoon/animation.

Don't know why there's so much dislike for the animated look :(

Edited by evan_loh

I agree with Evan.

It's with the Stormies as it is with the face characters. Cartoonised. No human have that kind of eyes, complexion, or hair.

Sure I could have hoped for more to the ANH, but I won't be having any problems with them.

I actually look forward to see what armorers will make of it.

And who knows... Maybe we will see the transformation to ANH during the show.

Very much looking forward to the series. :)

Maybe they will re-release the e-11 that they periodically repackage and sell so we don't have to resort to ridiculous ebay sales in order to grab one.

I don't understand why you can by the Hasbro e-11 in every Disney Park store, but you can't get it online.

This is part clone, part TK... my big complaint is the bobblehead helmet is not a hybrid of clone and TK like I would have expected. There is no sense of evolution there, only the exaggerated art of that style of animation. I'm not really into the superthin human look of CW or Rebels at all... makes costuming hard unless you're a supermodel.

I do want to try to convince my anti-costume husband that maybe one of the Rebels characters - Kanan - will be a good one for him to try. He already has the look... 

Not liking the face--too exagerrated for my tastes. But then again, it's an artistic choice for a cartoon, so I'm not too distraught over it...would wonder how a realistic representation would look like though. Body armor looks okay if it's transitioning to ANH--nice mix of clone to TK.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi there-

When I first saw artwork for Star Wars Rebels, I wondered how long it would be until someone would be making Stormtrooper armor in the Rebels style.  Well, today on Facebook, I stumble upon Grand Zillo Creations.

I sent them a note asking if they were going to be making a full set of armor, and if they were going to be selling it.  The answer is yes to both questions.  - I've already asked to be put on their waiting list!

Now, in regards to the 501st, how does a new kind of armor like this get to be considered "official", and accepted into the group?  Does anyone know the steps that need to be taken?

I don't know how long it will be until I have my armor (I'm awaiting more details from G.Z.C.), but I curious what I would need to do to get this new kind of armor approved.  I haven't found any reference to this kind of armor yet, but I imagine I wont be alone with Rebels styles armor for long.

Thanks for your feedback-

-Tim

TK-44221

Hi there-

When I first saw artwork for Star Wars Rebels, I wondered how long it would be until someone would be making Stormtrooper armor in the Rebels style.  Well, today on Facebook, I stumble upon Grand Zillo Creations.

I sent them a note asking if they were going to be making a full set of armor, and if they were going to be selling it.  The answer is yes to both questions.  - I've already asked to be put on their waiting list!

Now, in regards to the 501st, how does a new kind of armor like this get to be considered "official", and accepted into the group?  Does anyone know the steps that need to be taken?

I don't know how long it will be until I have my armor (I'm awaiting more details from G.Z.C.), but I curious what I would need to do to get this new kind of armor approved.  I haven't found any reference to this kind of armor yet, but I imagine I wont be alone with Rebels styles armor for long.

Thanks for your feedback-
-Tim
TK-44221

Hi all-  I just wanted to follow up on my post from earlier...

I heard back from the guys from Grand Zillo Creations.  I was wrong, they are not making armor right now, just helmets.  The reason?  There just isnt enough reference material available yet.  Fair enough!

Anyway, I just wanted to correct myself.  Thanks!

-Tim

This reminds me of how upset everybody seemed to be on the clone boards back when tcw started. I think it's something different and the kids are gonna love it

- Sent from my crappy phone

I was thinking the same thing... Almost everyone will hate it. A few people will push it through and make the suit. There will be a big battle about Legion acceptance. Eventually it will be approved, but most won't like it. 5 years from now, no-one will think anything of an animated TK.

One thing I love about this is back at C5, the animated clone troopers panel I was on had a picture of an animated style TK and asked if we'd be seeing those in the 501st someday. Heh. Now here we are, having the conversation.

I'm excited about it, and can't wait to see someone suit up in it for the first time. 

• 4 months later...