TM Armour.... 1.5mm vs 2.0mm

Hello everyone,

I am having trouble deciding between 1.5mm TM Armour and 2.0mm.  I have a full set of AP Armour, and I have an RS bucket.  The detail on the RS is fantastic, but I really like the rigidity of the 2.0mm AP Armour.  I just worry about sacrificing detail for strength.

Can someone point me toward some pictures of 2.0mm TM Armour?  I've seen numerous TM build threads, but I can never tell if I'm looking at 1.5mm or 2.0mm pictures.

Those of you with TM Armour; what was your reasoning for going one way or the other, and which way did you decide to go?

Thanks a lot for any assistance or guidance on this. 

Kevin

I went with 1.5 from a few opinions of troopers, mainly TM himself explaining that the thinner the armor the more flexible, meaning less cracks in the armour. I thought I wanted thicker armor but, after my armor arrived I am glad I went with the 1.5

My RS is 1.5 also, but feels thinner and lighter than the TM , so TM' s 1.5 seems a bit thicker to me.

I think if you go with 2.0 make sure to get a 1.5 helmet, just to keep all the detail in the pull.

i've had all 3. RS, TM 1.5mm and TM 2mm.

here are my pictures. first off is my TM 1.5mm.

---------------

my TM 2mm.

---------------

my RS.

-------------

here are some comparison of my 1.5mm and 2mm TM armor. (left is 1.5mm and right is 2mm.)

---------------

-----------------

sorry if pics are not in good quality but you get the idea.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

The 2mm is acrylic capped, so it is much shinier, and feels heavier. Whereas the 1.5mm is still shiny and lighter, more flexible so less prone to cracks and splits and screen accurate.

The 2mm is acrylic capped, so it is much shinier, and feels heavier. Whereas the 1.5mm is still shiny and lighter, more flexible so less prone to cracks and splits and screen accurate.

This.  I got the 1.5 mm because of the flexibility and screen accuracy plus I wanted to go with the original strapping (which you can only do with the more flexible 1.5mm).  I love it and get comments all the time about how great it looks.  I'm sure TM will send you a sample piece of each to see for yourself.  Either way will be an awesome suit. 

Edited by Geaux Saints

IT's a good point that Clinton makes. If you want to use the original strapping method with the bars, screws and elastics, you need to stay away form the 2mm ABS. It will crack very easily when using the strapping method, purely due to it's thickness and lower flexibility.