Doopy build...real Sterling folding stock

• 4 months later...

Following, just got a real butstock as well for my pipe built . Your built is amazing and has aready help me a lot.  :icon_bow: :icon_bow: :icon_bow: :icon_bow:

Also thanks again Steve for the MAG, it is  awesome.  Worth every penny and way better then the one that comes with the Doopy kit. :jc_doublethumbup:

• 2 years later...

https://www.apexgunparts.com/machine-guns/sub-machine-guns/sterling-l2a3/sterling-l2a3-folding-buttstock.html

Apex Gun parts is a popular place. Depending on where you live of course, and the legalities of importing to your location.

You need to alter the front locking notch to accept the sterling stock without risk of breaking the dds resin.

Edited by cjdesign

I know what you are talking about.  I bought a completed doopy doos e-11 blaster but how do you sand down the notch area? Any suggestions?  You cut out the outlined square and put in an aluminum piece and then cut to fit the locking mechanism? 

1 hour ago, Jpjn45 said:

I know what you are talking about.  I bought a completed doopy doos e-11 blaster but how do you sand down the notch area? Any suggestions?  You cut out the outlined square and put in an aluminum piece and then cut to fit the locking mechanism? 

Yes, I originally drilled a hole in the stock hinge area and inserted my hobby tube. Worked great! Unfortunately, the first time I fully locked the stock the piece holding the stock locking mechanism in place broke off so I knew I had to add metal in there some how.. I also went with a real sterling end cap without risk of breaking the DDs resin version.

You'll need a small file or Dremil to complete the excavation. Once the metal is in place, fill will 2 part putty and sand down. Works great. 

Edited by cjdesign

Can you send the picture of the cut I need to make in order to instal the aluminum piece for the notch. I can't find it.  Please include any measurements and tools I need in order to make the cut. My email is: Jpjn45@gmail.com 

On 6/8/2018 at 10:20 AM, Jpjn45 said:

What dremmel bit did you use on the resin on the locking notch for the folding stock.?

Hey Joey,

My ESB DDs thread is available under my signature. Please post questions regarding my build under my thread. thanks in advance. 

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:41 AM, Jpjn45 said:

Here's another option for you Joey. See what Banelives85 does who successfully installed an apex folding stock onto a doopydoos resin e-11 blaster.

Hope that helps! cheers!