Doopy build...real Sterling folding stock

Thank Steve. And have you noticed any bleaching on your printed counter figures possibly due to e6000?

No I have not, Germain. It has been just about a week that the counter has been complete.  Keep in mind, I didn't use a huge amount of glue in these areas. I REALLY didn;t want any squeeze out here.

Final assembly day has come upon us. I laid out all the parts and took a second to realize what a great ride this has been.DSCN1320_zps3f674640.jpg I have been taught so many things and learned so many things this experience has been priceless! Anyway, I began with the scope/counter assembly.DSCN1321_zps87a44ee7.jpgOnce that was done, I flipped the blaster over to glue in the trigger guard. Since the trigger is spring loaded, I needed to secure that out of the way until the glue dried.DSCN1322_zps26b0bd05.jpg This time gave me a chance to re-do something I wasn;t totally happy with...the magazine.  Since I am fairly close to the guy who made these replacement magazines, ;) I figured I should plan accordingly regarding my paint choices. I decided to go dark gray again however NOT dark gunmetal. I began with an acrylic primer and topcoated this with the dark grey. I broke out my real Sterling mag for wear patterns and weathering. Where there was slight wear but not down to the metal revealed the same color as the darker portion of the main bolt. I mixed dark gray, flat black and brass to achieve this. I painted the small scratches on the top face. DSCN1342_zps6837debc.jpgI then went with a tiny, thin brush to dot on the silver to areas that showed metal. I think I am happy with the results.DSCN1346_zps00017f99.jpgDSCN1345_zps8d79600e.jpgDSCN1344_zps982f478e.jpgDSCN1343_zpsfdc6524c.jpg With the glue now dry on the trigger guard I could finally attach the folding stock!!! DSCN1323_zps84eeb5ac.jpg I wrestled the stock hinge points over the hinge nubs.DSCN1325_zpse1f58738.jpgOnce they were in place I was able to replace the rivets and secure them with the original pins. I neded to twist and press them into place with long nosed pliers but they are REALLY secure.DSCN1326_zps9341e71b.jpgWith that in place, I could mount the scope rail assembly.DSCN1327_zps32ae607b.jpgThen secure the end bewteen the rear sight uprights with the screw I pre-tapped earlier.DSCN1328_zpsc7a1a4b8.jpgNext I moved onto the counter wires. I wrapped a length around a pencil to achieve the coil. Although my roll is not marked, I want to say this is 24 gauge electrical hobby wire for trains. DSCN1329_zps8049aa06.jpgFour coils.DSCN1330_zps9dabfa3c.jpgIt took some trimming, but after several attempts, I finally was happy with the length. I pre-drilled the holes earlier in the counter tips. I just pressed the wires in between the fuses on the power cylinders. They locked in there nice. DSCN1332_zps5af603bb.jpgWith the magazine dry..................DRUMROLL PLEASE!!!!!!  And finally...........................the end result:

DSCN1350_zps26965100.jpgDSCN1347_zps5166eaaa.jpgDSCN1349_zps018e9faa.jpgDSCN1351_zps3e70041e.jpgDSCN1341_zpsefcbc516.jpgDSCN1340_zps1450b88a.jpgDSCN1334_zpsb963bebf.jpgDSCN1335_zpsaad89dc8.jpgDSCN1337_zps969ba02c.jpgDSCN1338_zpsb6a6b2b6.jpgDSCN1339_zpse4de1729.jpg I wish to thank all the previous builders for having the talent that led to the ideas I stole and used here. I really appreciate the input from everyone here who has been in the midst of their builds and who contributed with ideas and suggestions. I hope this will help out another trooper in the future. 

• Like 3

Having real parts to base your paintwork on really made wonders! It's giving me the strong will to re-paint mine. Congratulations for having gone through this whole and very challenging build!!

I would just remove the counter wires. In the end, no screen used blasters had them...

Will we ever know for whom this amazing blaster is?!?

Edited by The5thHorseman

That is one sweet looking blaster! :duim:

You need to take some glamour shots of that beauty in proper lighting!

As long as it doesn't involve Steve in his sexy underwear :blink:

Well done. As you know, you've been an inspiration to many. This thead should be stickied up the top as one of great reference threads so it can continue to be an inspiration to others.

NICELY DONE STEVE!!! I'm proceeding with the slow clap Tim started earlier. TRULY inspiring!!!

But I DIDN'T start it yet. I was waiting for this moment, right here.

Oh well... :(

(Starts the slow clap)

Brilliantly completed Steve, it looks absolutely wonderful. Masterful build from start to gloriously painted finish!!

Edited by Dark CMF

Wow, Steve!!!          That magazine finish is so :shok: and the colour on the inner bolt looks so damn real. And all the rest...         I am out of words, man.

You have done such a good work on this kit :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:  and I somehow feel a bit sad that it is completed now, because we won't get your nice updates on this fabulous build any more :(.

Okay, this had to happen one day, but I will definitely miss it. Therefore I also think this topic should be pinned as a reference to others! That would be a deserved honor.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

After speaking with you, I understand yours was flat. This part you refer yo is the rear sight which should have come already shaped to the receiver. If not, this was a small oversight by the Doopy guy(s). Regardless, it still needs to be done for the part to fit securely enough to be glued to the receiver.

• 1 month later...