Stormtrooper Valentine's Day

Troopscoop

Hey all,

I've been a lurker for several months--researching here before finally getting my NE armor back in the middle of summer last year. I probably should have been a bit more involved with this site since I had (and kind of still have) a lot of questions to troubleshoot. Anywho--my goal with the suit was to try and start a Youtube channel and post silly videos and whatnot about the life of a stormtrooper. The most recent one I put up is called "Star Wars Stormtrooper Valentine's Day" available here

Apologies if this comes off as spam....guess it kind of is. I'm not even sure if I've had any posts before this one. I'll have to make a formal introduction in the appropriate thread :)

Anywho--just wanted to drop this vid in to show some fellow troopers and take this time to not only just critique my suit so far (thermal detonator is not in vid, but it is built, and my gloves are not right, nor my belt/holster to name a few things) but also to take a look at Valentine's Day, from the view of me.

Fun fact--my profile picture went viral for a few days and still pops up every now and then. I think I have George Takei to thank for that...but no cred =/

PS: Any building parties happening around the Cypress/Anaheim area? I definitely would appreciate hanging out w/ fellow troopers and make tweeks to the armor.

-Troopscoop

Hah! That was entertaining! I wouldn't call that spam  :laugh1:

Subscribed to your channel  :)

I noticed one of your mic tips wiggle a little bit around a minute into the video, you might want to secure that. You'll also need to paint those ear screws and thigh rivets white. Other than the things you listed, I don't see any glaring problems. Just those little things  ;)

I wish I could sit down in MY trooper suit... :,(

Edited by SolidScrafty

Hah! That was entertaining! I wouldn't call that spam  :laugh1:

Subscribed to your channel  :)

I noticed one of your mic tips wiggle a little bit around a minute into the video, you might want to secure that. You'll also need to paint those ear screws and thigh rivets white. Other than the things you listed, I don't see any glaring problems. Just those little things  ;)

I wish I could sit down in MY trooper suit... :,(

Thank you sir! Gosh, I knew the mic tip was loose but didn't think it was that noticeable. I'll get some E6000 on that stat. And yeah--sitting is a feat. I'm sure you've felt the pinch of death many a time.

Funny Stuff!! :laugh1:

Glad you thought so!

Have you checked in at the http://southerncaliforniagarrison.com/ forums?

There's an armor party today in Ventura (I'm heading to) and one in Brea, CA a bit closer to you tomorrow that Rob posted up. Details on the forum there or you're

welcome to PM me.

:duim:

Loved the flashes of possible outcomes :D

But you might want to remove the sound, next time you're getting up from the couch. That plastic-crackling was excruciating :P

Keep it up!

Thanks Jannick--I agree w/ the crackle. Glad we didn't have to go through listening to that when watching the original trilogy--I'll make note for future vids to dub over with the "clank" from the movies.

Have you checked in at the http://southerncaliforniagarrison.com/ forums?

There's an armor party today in Ventura (I'm heading to) and one in Brea, CA a bit closer to you tomorrow that Rob posted up. Details on the forum there or you're

welcome to PM me.

:duim:

Hi Troy, thanks for the info! I thought the Brea one was actually in "La Brea" like the tar pits--never clicked that it was so close to me haha. I'll try and make tomorrow's--at least for a couple hours.