Help! *Pic intensive*

Murphoid here, begging for a little advice. It seems that I've cut the ears of my AP Bucket wrong! :blink: The look decent from the front, but in the back, there is a massive gap on either side clearly revealing the hardware. The only thing coming to mind is Bondo, but I wanted to consult my friends here first, who, needless to say, have much more experience than myself. Pics follow. Thanks for any and all feedback. You guys are great!

post-1425-1203395761_thumb.jpg

post-1425-1203395782_thumb.jpg

post-1425-1203396004_thumb.jpg

Ok, bad news first, it does look pretty bad!!!

Now, good news, it seems like you removed the bare minimum from the ears, which is perfect, your problem is that you just did that, remove the bare minimum. From this point on, what you need to do is check where the ears are hitting your helmet and write directly on the ear where to remove some more .. so carefully, you'll do just that and slowly but sure, the ears will get closer and closer to the dome.

Use the search button and check any ear trimming threads here. We've already done extensive threads on this subject. I personally did a photo shoot of my bucket just so you guys could have ear reference pics! Check my album here for any AP reference shots:

---------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Right on .. remove little, try fit, mark, remove some more, try fit, mark, remove x 20.

Admire your perfect fit after.

In my pic, I actually had just rebuilt my helmet for the pics, so it doesn't look good (in my own taste anyway) and it normally is flawless.

Oh and no bondo, glue, silicon or anything needed there!!!

It does take alot of time to get the fit right. We are talking several hours! And crank that hardware down super tight! Mine looked somewhat like yours before I tightened them fully. I have my screws countersunk and one almost pulled through. The sides of the helmet will flatten slightly to match the ears.

Here's mine and like Alain said...no glue, no bondo, no nothing. I had my doubts when I started but I got it.

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021