NE vs RS

Haribon72

There's something i often ask myself of: what if someone buys a RS kit, and then uses the parts as references to make his own molds from clay? Would it be considered as "recast" or as "fan sculpt" ? 

I mean, as the RS kit is based on an original set, taking it as reference would be the same thing than taking reference pics from the films, LFL, etc... And in the end the goal of a fan sculpt is to be the closest possible from the original armors and so to the RS kit.

That does not really extend to what NE did though, as at least one RS bicep and one forearm plus various extra parts that were missing were fan-sculpts from the ground up.

We are not allowing NE to promote their wares on FISD, RS knows about it and has the option to complain to the legion council, which they are aware that they can do, and have not yet as far as I do. MEPD asked NE not to advertise on their site as well. And there are some rumblings on the legion forum, which n doubt will increase after people read this thread. So to say we are not doing anything, that's mostly because RS has not asked the legion to do anything yet. Not that I'm sure what would be done, but still.

That's good.

Don't get me wrong but it's allowed to become a 501st member with a NE armour, isn't it.

Also it's possible to get an expert infantry or Centrutrion status with it.

So he still can sell his stuff anywhere else and at the end it doesn't matter if it's a recast or not.

What i want to say with that example,the actions you are pointing out are good, but it's missing the exposing up to the last consequences.

Edited by Turrican

And the #1 issue is the transparency instead of recasting. I mean, it would be one thing to say "I recast RS for my new armor, and am selling it anyway. Tfpftpt". At least people know what they are buying. It's quite another to not be honest, which is where people really get upset. Taking advantage of new members makes me angry, and was seeing people do so was my whole reason for creating FISD.

With that being said, If these allegations were proven to be true beyond a shadow of a doubt... The maker of NE would truly deserve an Oscar! Because then that means he gave me the best 2 1/2 hr live unscripted performance I have ever seen in my entire life...

Carlos, here ya go mate,....just in case you bump in to him again

side_oscar.jpg

:D

well regardless of the origin the guys still a hell of a sculpter and vac former. that cleaning up still took a lot of work, and the pulls are sharp. id still rock a set.  :dancing-trooper:

Derek, what a BRILLIANT attitude mate. :glare:

And people wonder why owners of original film props are reluctant to give TRUE enthusiasts and or costumers access to their priceless pieces.

Here ya go, here’s a little something for everyone that I’m sad to say as slowly disappeared from this once true and great hobby of ours. :(

respect ~rɪˈspɛkt/

noun

1. a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.

2. due regard for the feelings, wishes, or rights of others.

verb

1. admire (someone or something) deeply, as a result of their abilities, qualities, or achievements.

2. have due regard for (someone's feelings, wishes, or rights).

TM certainly used a set of armor as the basis for his molds,

...and Paul, no wish to fall out with you mate but here's one for you that seems to be some what appropriate to your bold statement. :)

conjecture ~ kənˈdʒɛktʃə

noun

1. an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.

verb

1. form an opinion or supposition about (something) on the basis of incomplete information.

Carlos, here ya go mate,....just in case you bump in to him again

side_oscar.jpg

:D

Derek, what a BRILLIANT attitude mate. :glare:

And people wonder why owners of original film props are reluctant to give TRUE enthusiasts and or costumers access to their priceless pieces.

Here ya go, here’s a little something for everyone that I’m sad to say as slowly disappeared from this once true and great hobby of ours. :(

respect ~rɪˈspɛkt/

noun

1. a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.

2. due regard for the feelings, wishes, or rights of others.

verb

1. admire (someone or something) deeply, as a result of their abilities, qualities, or achievements.

2. have due regard for (someone's feelings, wishes, or rights).

...and Paul, no wish to fall out with you mate but here's one for you that seems to be some what appropriate to your bold statement. :)

conjecture ~ kənˈdʒɛktʃə

noun

1. an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.

verb

1. form an opinion or supposition about (something) on the basis of incomplete information.

Billy - as I said I'm pointing out what I've been told and explanations given. If the others who are so vehement in private won't air their concerns in public, as I said I have no dog in the fight.

The flipside is that people have every right to question things too. Or are you suggesting that he gets a free pass because he's a good guy and makes great armor? There should be no sacred cows if we truly want the truth. Else what's the point of this whole exercise?

Why bother questioning the origins of VT or MTK - as you note there is no proof.

And you got that from where? You've been on staff how long and you've not once brought that up? I lost a friendship with Terry Chui because I wouldn't ban Appling as there was no posted evidence that he was VT.

Thanks for keeping this to yourself. How much other info then is out there, I wonder, that people are keeping to themselves.

I got it from one of his ebay auctions. And I did post it up in the staff forum. In a thread related to the subject. Let me see if I can find it for you.

Here it is: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/14878-tk4510-helmets-armor/page-6#entry224739

Edited by Locitus

• 2 months later...

I have a set of the NE, and my friend has a set of RS. I spent several hours recently comparing the two suits point by point. I measured with calipers the relative distances between specific points. The NE is definitively NOT recast from RS. For one thing the scale is completely different. You could not simply recast off of a set of RS armor and get the significantly larger proportions of the NE suit. For another thing, while there are a vast number of the details that are very similar in accuracy due to a lot of time spent apparently researching screenshots and fine tuning the bucks, the actual relative spacing between certain points, as well as the relative size in relation to certain points simply does not match up.

It is easy to understand why people who have not seen the two together up close, or taken the time to measure things, could easily make the assumption that one came from the other but it is simply not true. I hope that someone else will take the time to do the measurements I have done and take pictures as they do it. That is the one thing I forgot to do at the time. If we can get a second person to verify this we can put this to bed once and for all and finally have A truly screaming accurate armor that can fit us larger troopers.

You spent several hours comparing, measuring with callipers, etc, and didn't take one pic... sad. You understand we won't trust you on your words i hope.

Pictures on the first page are still obvious to me.

I have a set of the NE, and my friend has a set of RS. I spent several hours recently comparing the two suits point by point. I measured with calipers the relative distances between specific points. The NE is definitively NOT recast from RS. For one thing the scale is completely different. You could not simply recast off of a set of RS armor and get the significantly larger proportions of the NE suit. For another thing, while there are a vast number of the details that are very similar in accuracy due to a lot of time spent apparently researching screenshots and fine tuning the bucks, the actual relative spacing between certain points, as well as the relative size in relation to certain points simply does not match up.

It is easy to understand why people who have not seen the two together up close, or taken the time to measure things, could easily make the assumption that one came from the other but it is simply not true. I hope that someone else will take the time to do the measurements I have done and take pictures as they do it. That is the one thing I forgot to do at the time. If we can get a second person to verify this we can put this to bed once and for all and finally have A truly screaming accurate armor that can fit us larger troopers.

Jonathan, If I had the energy and time ....I would do a part to part comparison because I am curious myself....but I don't have the time for that.......forget about putting it to bed ....... because of the reputation of NE being a recast, the armor makers of NE have stop making it and have started producing AM armor again....... which is ridiculous...don't get me started. I'm glad I was able to get my hands on a couple of NE kits before they stop producing them......

They look very similar ....I am no expert. It could be recast I guess...... but the makers of NE claimed it wasn't recast ....and then a bunch of people went nuts and insisted it was.......and now we have a less accurate armor being offered .....

<sarcasm>Yes, because at least three of the people spotting the recast plain as a day, who have 10+ years of experience looking at armour have no idea what they are talking about. Including the person taking the photos with both kits in hand. Obviously it's not a a recast. </sarcasm>

<sarcasm>Yes, because at least three of the people spotting the recast plain as a day, who have 10+ years of experience looking at armour have no idea what they are talking about. Including the person taking the photos with both kits in hand. Obviously it's not a a recast. </sarcasm>

I'm sure it probably is...... <no sarcasm>

I'm sure it probably is...... <no sarcasm>

Also keep in mind that both Rob and Simon in RS are official 501st members. The legion needs to take care of it's own. And while Mightytank is also a member, he is not the producer of the kits.

Wait until someone actually gets their hands on these 'new' AM sets before assuming they we the same.. I was told the next generation may be a hybrid of AM and NE kits using .the best part of both kits to make a super kit'

Wait until someone actually gets their hands on these 'new' AM sets before assuming they we the same.. I was told the next generation may be a hybrid of AM and NE kits using .the best part of both kits to make a super kit'

One of the perks of being the DL is that I get to know things ahead of time. So I know that the new kit, lets call it "AM2" (anyone read Sten?) will be better than the old AM. But it's not a complete remake.

Also keep in mind that both Rob and Simon in RS are official 501st members. The legion needs to take care of it's own. And while Mightytank is also a member, he is not the producer of the kits.

Correct, meaning that if Rob & Simon lodge a complaint at the Legion level, then we can't not follow through.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...