NE vs RS

Haribon72

troopermaster made a pretty clear point to say that the NE kit is recast... and it sure would be nice to have an RS kit

and an NE kit laid inside of each other for a direct comparison.

if the NE was recast from the RS that would prove it clearly!

NE does mention that he sculpted it.. so there still must be some debate!

About NE, we have picture proof, side by side of them in the staff area. But I'm not sure the photographer want them publicly posted just yet. But it's painfully clear it's recast.

I sat and talked face to face for about 2 1/2 hours with the maker of NE armor about a month back. After a very long discussion covering the subjects of the AM suits, the new NE suits and all this recasting business, I personally do not believe that the suit was recast from an RS suit as some would claim. The truth is he had been telling me about working on what would become the NE suit back when I picked up my very first suit of AM, over 3 years ago. And I would continue to hear new developments over time as I would buy another 2 AM kits from him as time went on. I'm not sure I or anyone else even knew what an RS suit was 3 years back...

Now, if someone really does posses actual proof of the crime, then why not share it with the community? I don't understand what benefit is to be gained or what service to the community is achieved by keeping it a secrete & guarded among a select privileged few?

While its true that ultimately I have nothing more to form my own decision/opinion/beliefs on other than the opinion & words of a few on the internet that I don't really know & have never met VS. the words of someone I know personally & have done business with repeated times over the past few years. My instinct lead me to side with the person I know. 

With that being said, If these allegations were proven to be true beyond a shadow of a doubt... The maker of NE would truly deserve an Oscar! Because then that means he gave me the best 2 1/2 hr live unscripted performance I have ever seen in my entire life...

Edited by Defiance7x13

I sat and talked face to face for about 2 1/2 hours with the maker of NE armor about a month back. After a very long discussion covering the subjects of the AM suits, the new NE suits and all this recasting business, I personally do not believe that the suit was recast from an RS suit as some would claim. The truth is he had been telling me about working on what would become the NE suit back when I picked up my very first suit of AM, over 3 years ago. And I would continue to hear new developments over time as I would buy another 2 AM kits from him as time went on. I'm not sure I or anyone else even knew what an RS suit was 3 years back...

Now, if someone really does posses actual proof of the crime, then why not share it with the community? I don't understand what benefit is to be gained or what service to the community is achieved by keeping it a secrete & guarded among a select privileged few?

While its true that ultimately I have nothing more to form my own decision/opinion/beliefs on other than the opinion & words of a few on the internet that I don't really know & have never met VS. the words of someone I know personally & have done business with repeated times over the past few years. My instinct lead me to side with the person I know. 

With that being said, If these allegations were proven to be true beyond a shadow of a doubt... The maker of NE would truly deserve an Oscar! Because then that means he gave me the best 2 1/2 hr live unscripted performance I have ever seen in my entire life...

Does this sway your mind? I got permission to post the pictures.

DSCF2077_zpsd6239fa3.jpg

DSCF2076_zps2f721feb.jpg

DSCF2079_zps76072deb.jpg

DSCF2078_zpsd7b8d254.jpg

DSCF2081_zpscb8ad8a9.jpg

NE inside the RS ab plate:

DSCF2082_zps78116bc4.jpg

DSCF2094_zpsc61940a8.jpg

DSCF2095_zps8b61b2cb.jpg

DSCF2096_zps5925f1c1.jpg

DSCF2084_zpscae6b59b.jpg

DSCF2085_zpsec3b4544.jpg

DSCF2089_zpsbc53fd7c.jpg

Perfect fit.

DSCF2088_zpsb29ea5c0.jpg

DSCF2087_zps7c5fb61f.jpg

The finkey ridge on the NE inner bicep is ever so slight on the RS. NE just seemed to over accent and sharpen every detail including cooling lines.

DSCF2090_zpsd7b22d54.jpg

DSCF2091_zps24301c99.jpg

DSCF2092_zps2f4cca1d.jpg

DSCF2093_zps32923674.jpg

DSCF2097_zps1270b3e8.jpg

DSCF2098_zpse6e9349b.jpg

DSCF2100_zps3a6a2409.jpg

DSCF2101_zps29e1f4fa.jpg

DSCF2102_zps9460cf8a.jpg

DSCF2103_zpsbab3cbad.jpg

sure looks like a series of cleanups from the softer pull details in the RS.  almost too sharp?

They definitely sharpened up some of the details, even over exaggerating some by not knowing what they were really doing it looks like.

Astounding comparison pics! Though it's strange because so far i don't think i've seen a very good NE build whereas it's a recast of a great kit...

Thicker plastic is harder to trim, and maybe it's a little bit up to the builders as well. If you buy RS I think you are of the mindset to do more research. That's my theory anyway. The fact that the customer thinks it's a larger suit than other makers isn't helping either.

I have to say that as someone with nothing more than a research-based knowledge/awareness of any of the armor and the processes involved in making it, even to my basically un-trained eye it does look very much like a cleaned-up recast.

Edited by Dark CMF

btw… please remove my name from the topic starter.  I did not put (nor start) this "NE vs RS" talk.

Thank you.

It's not as straight forward as you think changing a thread starter. But I did edit you post to reflect that it's not you who started this tread.

Jup also look definitive as a recast to me , too.

But this discussion is worthless, as the 501st not bann/blacklist or do anything else against recasts.

We are not allowing NE to promote their wares on FISD, RS knows about it and has the option to complain to the legion council, which they are aware that they can do, and have not yet as far as I do. MEPD asked NE not to advertise on their site as well. And there are some rumblings on the legion forum, which n doubt will increase after people read this thread. So to say we are not doing anything, that's mostly because RS has not asked the legion to do anything yet. Not that I'm sure what would be done, but still.

There's something i often ask myself of: what if someone buys a RS kit, and then uses the parts as references to make his own molds from clay? Would it be considered as "recast" or as "fan sculpt" ? 

I mean, as the RS kit is based on an original set, taking it as reference would be the same thing than taking reference pics from the films, LFL, etc... And in the end the goal of a fan sculpt is to be the closest possible from the original armors and so to the RS kit.

I guess the question is how much would you alter it?  Zero, some, a lot?  At that point one could ask why not 3D scan it, which is a direct copy.  

Typically when people want to do what you suggest, they do the courtesy of asking the person who owns the molds if they can and explain what they want to do.  For example Andy E. took a JM clone helmet kit as a base to make his Baccara with the OK from JM.  

TM certainly used a set of armor as the basis for his molds, but has done such a great job of modifying them that many consider them in the same category as an original sculpt.