OH BOY... First build! (RS)

To Germain you listen!! IMHO, Velcro should not be brought into any aspect of your build. Once in armor I guarantee that at some point you will come out of your "bada**,stand at attention, imposing figure" to become animated. Velcro doesn;t  do well in these situations.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an awesome thread! I am currently awaiting my AP armor, and this thread has answered many of my gereral assembly questions.  

Thanks! And great build. Way to go!

Ill tell you, my ATA helmet, the ears have a gap and I just couldnt come to terms with accepting... so I am covering that helmet in rhinestones. TAKE THAT GAP!

hahaha ive never seen this before!

I am having the most difficult time fitting the shins around the boot.. it seems as tho there isnt enough plastic to fit...

How.....how have you only seen this now?.....

Anyways the stormie that hit his head is known to be Laurie Goode: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Laurie_Goode

And I met him at comiccon too!! :D

This is an awesome thread! I am currently awaiting my AP armor, and this thread has answered many of my gereral assembly questions.

Thanks! And great build. Way to go!

Ill tell you, my ATA helmet, the ears have a gap and I just couldnt come to terms with accepting... so I am covering that helmet in rhinestones. TAKE THAT GAP!

Hey! I'm so glad my thread helped someone! And yeah ill admit I was very upset about the ears but I have since become one with the gap and have grown to love THE GAP!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

How.....how have you only seen this now?.....

Anyways the stormie that hit his head is known to be Laurie Goode: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Laurie_Goode

And I met him at comiccon too!! :D

Im pretty upset ive never seen it before haha its amazing! i laughed a little too hard haha

I really want to go to a big event and meet some people! im so excited im almost finished!

Could you post a pic of where how you're struggling in regards to the fitting the shins around the boot?

Alright dont make fun of me... the miss match looks pretty silly but here you go.

IMG_20140306_15363_edit_1394141941111_zp

I felt the shin here comfortable and had pretty good shape to it but the lack of room in the back worries me a bit. 

IMG_20140306_15391_edit_1394141975573_zp

And sure enough.. with the first couple steps the boot comes flying out from under the shin..

Time to switch to sandy! Just kidding. Use one of those glue removers. But some chemicals don't react well to certain plastics so I would ask around first about the best glue remover. And like Locitus said the straps will hold the shin down.

By the way these two great threads are awesome! they helped me figure out how to fix the nasty CA glue mess i made!

IMG_20140306_17290_edit_1394148562550_zp

This link informed me to not use just any glue remover on ABS plastic, And tips about what grit sandpaper to use.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/25191-ca-glue-removal/?hl=%2Bglue#entry318174

This link talks about polishing and removing scratches.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19398-howto-use-novus-plastic-polish-12-and-3-ah-ah-ah-i-love-counting/

Just a word of advice: you probably don't want to use CA glue on the front of the shins, anyway.

CA glue is great for parts that will stay together, but the shins are going to be opened and closed, and CA is brittle when it's cured. E6000's flexibility is a huge bonus for the shins.

On the cover strip on the calves, CA is fine (but also note that if you use velcro there will be frequent stress on the calves, too).

I think you should strap the bicep to the forearm and let the rest sort it self out.

(basically, your right arm, or left from my point of view, looks fine, but the other is terrible)

I think you should strap the bicep to the forearm and let the rest sort it self out.

(basically, your right arm, or left from my point of view, looks fine, but the other is terrible)

well for the arms i havent strapped anything down yet. thats whats next, im going to connect the bicep to the forearm. what i was asking is how does one connect the bicep to the shoulder bell? ive seen people make a hook out of a extra piece of abs and others connect them with snaps.