OH BOY... First build! (RS)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you rotate the ears back more?  You  can always trim the bottom opening of the helmet to align with the ears, and gaps shouldn't worry you, but you do  want to cover the seam 100%.

Can you rotate the ears back more?  You  can always trim the bottom opening of the helmet to align with the ears, and gaps shouldn't worry you, but you do  want to cover the seam 100%.

I can rotate the ear back but id have to quite a bit, I would also have to put a bit of strain to get the bottom of the ear to stay down once i trim more. 

IMG_20140226_211435_zps1qdzoymo.jpg

IMG_20140226_21150_edit_1393470925907_zp

You are not the first person who has gone through this so don't feel bad. I am sad to say that you should put a call into RS for another ear (s). I say Ear(s) because I don't know if you wanted to give both a shot now that you have had the practice.

You are not the first person who has gone through this so don't feel bad. I am sad to say that you should put a call into RS for another ear (s). I say Ear(s) because I don't know if you wanted to give both a shot now that you have had the practice.

its strange because im really not sure where i went wrong.. i cut the ears right where i saw the markings.. should i not have?

You're fine. The markings are following the lines of the original ears, which are a little bit more wonky than what people here are used to looking at. Sometimes you look so much at fan made stuff that you forget what the real deal looks like.

Here are some pictures of the real helmet yours was made from:
gallery_12157_59_10249.jpg
gallery_12157_59_31130.jpg
gallery_12157_59_1194.jpg
gallery_12157_59_1042.jpg
gallery_12157_59_43046.jpg
gallery_12157_59_11620.jpg
gallery_12157_59_13640.jpg

WOW thats terrible!! hahaha i dont feel so bad anymore... tomorrow i think im just going to drill those bad boys in and see what happens.... being carful about where i chose to drill of course.. but if not ill just order another pair. I really want to be done with this suit by next month on the 13-16 for an event in Houston!

WOW thats terrible!! hahaha i dont feel so bad anymore... tomorrow i think im just going to drill those bad boys in and see what happens.... being carful about where i chose to drill of course.. but if not ill just order another pair. I really want to be done with this suit by next month on the 13-16 for an event in Houston!

That's the spirit.

Well i kinda butchered my helmet but its done... im not completely satisfied but hey its my first build and first time i do anything like this so im still proud of my self.. all i can say now is next build? ill get it done way better first try haha.

IMG_20140227_13512_edit_1393530694688_zp

IMG_20140227_13525_edit_1393530783827_zp

even got a gnarly split.. patched it with CA glue from the inside.

IMG_20140227_135313_zpsqqt3tu8l.jpg

and im not sure if its just me being dumb but putting the black s piece on the bottom lining of the helmet is proving to be very difficult...

You can always use ABS paste to seal the crack at the bottom of your helmet. And don't worry about the ears or even the ear gaps. Mine has quite some gaps and so do the troopers on the screen! Ear by far are one of the most difficult parts so don't feel to bad. You've done well :)

I have to say i was very discouraged! I really want to thank you guys for helping me out and your encouragement. Heres my progress! I got a package from the lovely people at RS today with my drop boxes, rivet covers, and ab plates. IMG_20140227_183844_zpscjc037o4.jpg

IMG_20140227_183929_zpsxzuxrcep.jpg

Before i put that stuff together, i was wondering... is there a way to make all this stuff removable? maybe velcro? I would really like to make this into a Sand Trooper.. so no ab plates or drop boxes.. plus a new knee plate which i have no idea where to get ha. what do you guys think of these boots? i got these ugly guys when i ordered my rubies suit.. ( i have since returned for a full refund dont worry! ) IMG_20140227_18401_edit_1393548025778_zp

I finally Glued today!!! i glued the two forearms today and im very happy.

Edited by albisancho

Find you a pair of Chelsea-like boots:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/24742-trooper-boots-a-list-of-suitable-candidates/

And then, dye them in white:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/24904-chelsea-boots-painting-using-airbrush-heavy-pics/#entry313120

or you could also send a message to TKBoots:

http://www.tkboots.com/

Edited by The5thHorseman

I got the Bass Amsterdam boots and painted them white.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/25062-maxsteeles-bass-amsterdam-tk-conversion/

Official word is they will pass for basic approval, most likely pass for EIB, but not for Centurion.