OH BOY... First build! (RS)

wow it really feels great seeing it together and trying it on even tho its not glued together yet haha. 

IMG_20140217_17531_edit_1392681207481_zp

IMG_20140217_18003_edit_1392681647748_zp

Although i do feel as if its too long and it scratched up my bicep pretty good. I know i probably wont feel it scratching too much once i have the under suit on tho. is there anyway to fix this?

IMG_20140217_18005_edit_1392681676940_zp

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, just trim off the peaks as you see fit.

Yes, it's normal to have them a little oval like that. It's actually more inaccurate to note have them as ovals.

is there anything i could do about the length? or would it be alright if i trimmed part of the piece hitting my bicep? i guess im just postponing gluing. I just feel like this could be much more comfortable.

Trim a larger U-shape at the inside of the elbow. That will help.

are these paired up?

Looks so to me.

I think you can take those in about another inch, but you will need room to flex your muscles as well. You will have to be the judge of how much works for you.

I started out with my butt plate like yours. I cut off almost the entire return edge where it goes under my butt. Armor bites on the heiney are the complete opposite of AWESOME.

If you feel like the other inner biceps would fit better you can swap them, but otherwise just put on the cover strip like that and don't worry about it. It's a no-stress piece so you don't need to worry about it holding together or anything.

I kind of like the way that looks (last pic). The cover strips will force the pieces together more evenly than you tape does. But you do what you feel is best. I'm not sure of there is a consensus on which part should pair with which. I suppose I could ask RS about that sometime though. The part with the thumb print/indentation is your left biceps anyway.

http://s273.photobucket.com/user/albisancho/media/IMG_20140217_18005_edit_1392681676940_zps2s7o99do.jpg.html

This pic the forearm seems very tubular and big at the wrist. RS is very customizable and with there being no ridge on the underside, you can fit it perfect to your body. I would have someone give you a hand. Tape the ridged side to hold it together. Put the Forearm on and have your helper squeeze the halves together until it form fits to your arm. The halves will overlap on the underside of your forearm. Have your helper release the wrist side slowly until you can get your hand through the opening. Once you get to this point, tape the underside together to hold that fitted position. Now you can find a common line to cut on both halves on the underside. You will notice that the forearm will be conical like your arm: wider at the top thinner at the wrist. This process can be used on every two piece part(biceps, shins, thighs)

http://s273.photobucket.com/user/albisancho/media/IMG_20140217_18005_edit_1392681676940_zps2s7o99do.jpg.html

This pic the forearm seems very tubular and big at the wrist. RS is very customizable and with there being no ridge on the underside, you can fit it perfect to your body. I would have someone give you a hand. Tape the ridged side to hold it together. Put the Forearm on and have your helper squeeze the halves together until it form fits to your arm. The halves will overlap on the underside of your forearm. Have your helper release the wrist side slowly until you can get your hand through the opening. Once you get to this point, tape the underside together to hold that fitted position. Now you can find a common line to cut on both halves on the underside. You will notice that the forearm will be conical like your arm: wider at the top thinner at the wrist. This process can be used on every two piece part(biceps, shins, thighs)

Im extremely glad i didnt glue anything together today! that sounds like excellent advice! thanks so much ill try and get that done tomorrow and post my progress!

If you are using them for attaching the plastic to the canvas then yes. But I wouldn't use any pop rivets in any visible place other than attaching the holster straps to the canvas belt. And remember to use washers if you go with those rivets.