New armorer. Sculpt, Vac, and soon 3D print. :)

I recently bought the old Vac Table made by DH-P FX and have started some custom TK parts out of MDX and foam. Posted some pics in the Open Runs section before I even saw this section was here.

I've tried teaming with a UK-based armorer to get the rights to do his stuff here - he sells on his site, I do the pulls, and he pays me a percentage.  I figured it'd save on shipping cost from the UK and you'd get the same quality. But no dice there. So I'm making my own from scratch and showing build pics all the way.

What I'd like to do is post some instructional vids showing the whole process, from how to research, plan and draft, carving blue foam or working with clay, etc.

What do folks think of this?  And share experiences with casting products and such.

I'm also on the list for the Z18 by Makerbot, so I plan on making huge 3D prints and am slowly building a big library of weaponry and props that can be easily printed.  The Z18 has a build platform of 12"x12"x18" high, so you can potentially do a TK helm in one shot for about $50 of PLA.

I'll gather my pics in the AM and share.  One thing I'm doing is starting to work a cast of my screen-used stunt e-11. If you know me by my lens work, you know I'm inexpensive but offer one heck of a great product at a lot lower than most others can't match. I think more propmakers would realize if you offer a great product and a very reasonable price, you sell more in the end by word of mouth.

Glad to be a part of the forums and I can't wait until I'm cranking out parts and kits for folks at a decent price.

Kev