ATA ANH Stunt Helmet Build Question(s)

Hey, everyone! I'm a new member to the website and a hopeful future 501st member, after I get my armor in 7~ months :/  Anyway, I received my helmet a few days ago and have been hard away at it with no issues as of yet.  Until now.  I've been reading thread after thread, over and over on here the last several days and have been following the steps all of you have so graciously laid out for newbs like me :)  I got to the point of screwing/riveting, depending on personal preference, the faceplate and cap together and everything seems to line up well and look like what I'm seeing on others' builds, but when I clamped the two pieces together, I tried to put the helmet on to make sure I'm not making the opening too small and it does seem small. Like scraping my face small. And I wear glasses, so that makes it even worse.  Is this commonplace for everyone? Does it "straighten out" once they're actually attached? I would really appreciate anybody's response, as I'm kinda at a stop on my build since I don't want to move forward if I'm doing something wrong :/ Thanks!

post-20182-255442_thumb.jpg

Your build looks good so far. In regards to the neck opening, you should put the helmet on sideways then screw it forward on your head. If you are already doing this, you either have a larger mellon, or you need to trim a little off the neck opening. I wouldn't worry too much about it until the construction of everything is done then trim the neck opening last.

Trim as required to fit your head in as Steve has said. You may want to paint black in the inside of your bucket if the opening ends up being really large, this way you won't notice the white as much and will help to disguise your head :D. Looking good so far :D

Remember Luke peeling off his helmet...

Mine are tight on me also, but as Gaz stated, put your head in side ways, and screw that sucker down on your melon....

Good luck.

Well, I screwed the cap and faceplate together and I can tell that with a little trimming around the bottom it should go on my head fairly easily. But once I got it on, I discovered a new problem. I pretty much can't wear my glasses with the helmet :(. I have some older glasses that don't stick out from my face as much as my current ones do, but it's still really close with those and I'm worried that once I install the green plastic lens, my glasses are either not going to fit or are going to be against the lens. Anybody else have this problem? Also, do ATA helmets run smaller than other makers? If so I guess I might have to get a helmet from someone else and hope that my ATA armor will fit me when I get it.

After turning my dremel on and off about 400 times, I managed to get the ears done. Maybe. Do you guys think these are acceptable? I've seen similar gaps on other builds so I thought I'd go with it. But if you guys don't think they look very good, I can always break out the dremel again and go to the second pair if I have to! Also, the website won't let me upload any pictures. Is there a way around this aside from posting links?

https://bay177.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=ffa0d8e7-96c3-11e3-87a5-00215ad823d4&Aux=4|0|8D0F8E7E94113D0||0|0|0|0||&cid=280d34cf17bc83ab&maxwidth=220&maxheight=160&size=Att

https://bay177.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=cf24e00f-96c4-11e3-baf1-00237de3ede0&Aux=4|0|8D0F8E8B7155690||0|0|0|0||&cid=280d34cf17bc83ab&maxwidth=220&maxheight=160&size=Att