TK number on shoulder bells acceptable for EIB/Centurion?

I've noticed some TKs have their number on the shoulder bell. Is this acceptable for EIB/Centurion? If so, is there a specific shoulder on which your number should be placed? Thanks.

I don't mean to be "that guy" but why does one garrison have decorations on their armor and no one else can? I thought the point of the Stormtrooper armor was that we all looked alike, without anyone standing out (armor variations aside).

Edited by Smiling Fox

Thankfully most garrisons have stopped putting decals or other identifying marks on their costumes. But unlike the big and borderline obnoxious decals used by others in the past, the UKG is very small and discreet. It's only 3 letters in aurebesh. It's also not only used on TK's.

Secondly, it's a long running tradition and ceremony of entry into the club to get branded. Disallowing it would only result in photoshopped images in the EIB and centurion threads as well as pissing off the applicant.

And lastly, unlike in the US or most of the world, the 501st isn't the only star wars costume club in the UK. So their decal serves as an identifier separating them from the other clubs.

In other words, don't put decals on your armour.

I'm not arguing for decals on armor. I was simply asking why one group stands out among others. As I said, the point of the Stormtrooper armor is that every Stormtrooper looks alike. No offense to the UKG, I just think all TK's should be the same.

Understanding that TK number decals are obviously not acceptable for EIB and centurion, how common are they used during large events with hundreds(?) of troopers and multiple garrisons? (Ex: Star Wars Celebrations or ComicCons).  Maybe using a non-adhesive "window sticker" type of decal?  My wife was wondering how she would know which trooper I was during Celebration Ananheim.. :smiley-sw013:   

Non-Canon events allows for some creativity, but if you wear your garrison logo, even as a removable window sticker, and so does the rest of your garrison, the problem remains the same. She'll just have to train her eyes on what you look like in armour. It's a skill that magically appears after a while. I can spot several of my garrison mates in armour without any of them wearing any identification.

Btw, I think you will spend a lot less time in armour on celebration than you imagine. At least based on my experiences from CE2.

Yeah, you're probably right Mathias.  I'll most likely be in armor a few hours or maybe half a day, get some photos, then back into my comfy running shoes.  I know what you mean about that magical skill!  Thanks to all the research, I'm getting pretty good at telling who's who in the garrison based on armor makers and other details, but it might it take my wife a while to figure it all out.   :D     

And lastly, unlike in the US or most of the world, the 501st isn't the only star wars costume club in the UK. So their decal serves as an identifier separating them from the other clubs.

Star Wars related or random Cosplay groupe?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk