Any other xl TKs out there?

Hey all, because I'm not blessed with having the ideal TK physique and size I do need substantial shimming around my waist. Although my armor is acceptable for the 501st I do get very intimidated next to troopers who look like they stepped off the big screen. My question is this. Are there any TKs out there that go through the same thing? I am living the dream by being a member of the 501st but wish I wasn't so "girthy"

Altough I might not belong to your target group, this thread could be great inspiration to tackle your point:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/10978-trooper-fit-club/

I believe that everybody should be able to feel comfortable in his own skin.

If this isn´t the case then change something about your life.

At the moment I´m in the process of loosing some weight too, this training concept helped me a lot:

http://www.freeletics.com/en

You can do it trooper! No excuses :duim:

Ugh. I get so jealous and annoyed at people who can fit into screen accurate armor. Don't worry about it though. I'm a giant TK myself and (until next week) run the detachment. 

-Eric

Don't worry about it. I personaly don't. I'm 5'11" and 250 lbs. I lost 75 lbs to be able to fit in an old FX armor (with 7" shims on each sides). The way my armor looks on me made me shy at a certain point to go EIB. But now, I don't really care. I'm doing all the modification I can to get the achivemennt.

I'm doing this because I havd a blast doing it. And I notice that people in the 501st or even the FISD are the peopld who makes you feel the most comfortable.

Troop all you want, have fun doing it and f@ck the reste!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Ugh. I get so jealous and annoyed at people who can fit into screen accurate armor. Don't worry about it though. I'm a giant TK myself and (until next week) run the detachment. 

-Eric

I know that feeling when I see people with a TM that I dream so bad to have loll.

And just to show how much I laugh about it, this is a picture I made with one of my squad mate dressed as a Star Trek captain!
TzUnli4.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

Hey Jon, I'm a newbie here at 5'10" at 230 pounds. I chose NE armor because it accommodates my large size. I hope when my costume is done, it will inspire larger newbies to join us. You're not alone. I'm sure the more of us speak, we can all feel better around good company. Someday....someone will say... "Aren't you too fat to be a Stormtrooper?" My response will be... "I'm Vader's Heavy Calvary.....We get the job done!"

As i'm working on my build, I do get frustrated because I see a lot of fit troopers getting help and guidance faster from other members. They don't have to worry about shims, hiding their muffin tops and wide butts, or sucking in their gut. After finishing my build, my big worry is being told I'm too fat for approval and I have to do "this" and "that" because my armor is not screen accurate. I kinda wish there was a trooper about my size that can help me out. I've been stuck for weeks, but I still keep a positive thought that - - - " I can overcome being larger and make an awesome costume. "

I had a long talk with my fiancee about this project and she says, "it doesn't matter what others think or say....you're doing something you love....and that's Star Wars!"

Edited by Haribon72

Don't worry about it. I personaly don't. I'm 5'11" and 250 lbs. I lost 75 lbs to be able to fit in an old FX armor (with 7" shims on each sides). The way my armor looks on me made me shy at a certain point to go EIB. But now, I don't really care. I'm doing all the modification I can to get the achivemennt.

I'm doing this because I havd a blast doing it. And I notice that people in the 501st or even the FISD are the peopld who makes you feel the most comfortable.

Troop all you want, have fun doing it and f@ck the reste!!

Well said Eric!     

Thanks for all the support guys! Fortunately I don't run into any criticism or harsh comments. It's more my own insecurity. It does make me feel better knowing I'm not the only "girthy" TK around. I'm trying to drop some lbs but it ain't easy but like I said before I'm living the dream and proud to be one of Lord Vader's foot soldiers!

Hey Jon, I'm a newbie here at 5'10" at 230 pounds.   

FYI that's my goal 230 lbs. 

As i'm working on my build, I do get frustrated because I see a lot of fit troopers getting help and guidance faster from other members.  They don't have to worry about shims, hiding their muffin tops and wide butts, or sucking in their gut.    After finishing my build, my big worry is being told I'm too fat for approval and I have to do "this" and "that" because my armor is not screen accurate.    I kinda wish there was a trooper about my size that can help me out.  I've been stuck for weeks, but I still keep a positive thought that - - - " I can overcome being larger and make a bad an impolite person costume. "    

I got my approval and I have more "excess" weight than you. And they canot refuse you because of it. That would be pure discrimination! Like I've said, I never saw it in any troops. Granted I did not do a lot in 3 months, but, I did go out of my garrison and got treated very well.

Thanks for all the support guys! Fortunately I don't run into any criticism or harsh comments. It's more my own insecurity. It does make me feel better knowing I'm not the only "girthy" TK around. I'm trying to drop some lbs but it ain't easy but like I said before I'm living the dream and proud to be one of Lord Vader's foot soldiers!

What is you problem with you shims? Where do you need them? If needed, I can send you pictures how I did mines. 

I've notice that loosing weight is like quitting smoking. I've never smoked, but, I notice the more you pressure a person to stop smoking, the less the person is tented to stop. I was getting pushed left and right to loose weight. But, the day I decided that enough is enough, that's when I started watching was I was eating and the weight came out. I still have another 20-30 lbs to loose, but, motivation is at an all time low. I know that I will get it back, just, not now.

I don't have any problems at all with my shims. My Squad 7 mates designed mine that Velcro on either side. I strap myself in as tight as I can make it. Makes an awesome man girdle! They look clean and neat it's just that I seem out of place next to a trooper that weighs a buck sixty.

I've often said that I love FISD because I could write "butt" and "cod" all day long without irony. I'm now adding "man girdle" to that list.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've often said that I love FISD because I could write "butt" and "cod" all day long without irony. I'm now adding "man girdle" to that list.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahahaha

I'm a big girl, bigger than a lot of guys. It's bad enough I don't fit the "perfect body image" OUT of costume... definitely don't feel ideal IN it... but I don't care! I do my best to look my best regardless! :D

• 4 weeks later...

You could also sculpt your own. There was a guy about your size who did that - his nickname was TK BIG.

This is the only link I can find: http://www.studiocreations.com/howto/talesfromthetrenches/tk837_stormtrooper.html

A dataprofile on a stormtrooper states the troopers height at 183 cm. According to that I myself lack 10 cm in height to be the "perfect" stormtrooper. I'm not yet a member and I haven't done any troops yet. (I'll hope to be soon as my armor is 99,8 percent finished now.) But I expect to get mye share of "aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper".

But to be honest I thinkt that saying all stormtroopers are, or should be, 183 cm is dumb. I believe the Empire recruited throughout the galaxy. Possibly some aliens too. So they come in a variety of sizes.

My point is don't let bodysize stop you. It's your loyalty to the Empire that counts! :salute:

I'm 5'10" and 230 lbs. I always say I'm the first though the blast door cause I'll soak up the most blaster fire! I still look pretty bad a$$ in my RT-Mod armor! Don't let your size bother you!  :salute: