Sides - need assist on trim & attach kidney to abs

bzb

I have a few questions and seeking advice on trimming and strapping the torso together.

First photo: the abs have a slight indentation.  My assumption is I should be trimming the abs instead of the kidneys.  The kidneys line up almost perfectly with the butt plate.

XiSVxfr.jpg?1

Second photo is top down of the kidneys (pulled the back underneath to show the return).  I'm thinking that I need to trim along the pencil lines.  Next photo shows closeup of proposed trim line - with no return along my ribs.  Thoughts?

la4R2Nu.jpg?1 UZguGBr.jpg?1

These final photos show discrepancies of the length of the kidney on each side.  Should I make the sides of the kidneys match lengths?  Strangely, the butt lines up well with it, so if I trim one side down, I'll need to trim the butt, too:

CN97FhH.jpg?1 sQSOoCW.jpg?1

Thanks in advance!

armor is not symetrical.  so I would not trim the kidney or the AB until you've done a test fitting.

screen accurate armors have a slight imbalance on each side.

the return edges you have drawn look pretty nice to me. 

good job.

just don't worry too much until you have tried it on.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Thank you for the input.  Good to know on the asymmetric nature.

I've had a couple people help me try it on and attempt to mark it... but it's been difficult to determine what I should be trimming once I put the belt on and tighten it to my body.

There is significant overlap on both sides when I get the belt tightened around me.  Far more on the left side where the rivets are supposed to go.  I *think* I should be cutting the ab plate, since the butt lines up so nicely with the kidney, but I'm just not certain.  I'll try to get photos tomorrow since we're snowpacalypsed here in Atlanta.

Some fitment photos.  I'm going to trim some of the return on the abs, it was cutting into my lower ribs - as well as the butt piece that goes under the crotch.  It was clipping me right in the back of my thigh and it did NOT feel nice :laugh1: .

You can see in these photos how the abs overlap the kidney - but the kidney is almost perfectly aligned with the butt plate.  This is where I need some advice on what part(s) to trim.

My black underarmor was dirty, so the white will have to do for now!

Z8A7KV7.jpg?1

left side

9VeFC05.jpg?1

right side

Ki87TEc.jpg?1

Edited by bzb

having an overlap is not really a bad thing... actually you might benefit from it if you happen to gain weight.

personally I would add foam to the inside of the armor and would even consider wearing

padding to bring your undersuit and size up to the armor distance.

this would give the illusion of greater bulk and would keep you from cutting off more than

you might think you need to.

perhaps the deployment officer can help you to decide what to do with this situation.  since he's the person who clears you for duty.

To me, there's also some spare ABS to trim down on the right side of the ab plate. The side should end where the ridge between the ab and the cod sctions ends.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed