Giving a Jedi Robe Kit What It Deserves...Death Trooper!

No, I actually got some scrap from RS with my last box that came from them. Before I got the scrap, I got a few pieces from Trooperbay . After I assemble, I am sanding and painting the entire armour with white, then going to add the infected weathering...lol

So, the adhesive thing, i found Goo Gone did not work very well. If Jedi Robe did anything right, it was the glue on that velcro...

Anyway, the goo gone didn't work, Rubbing alcohol, even  91% alcohol didn't work. Lighter fluid, kinda... So i broke out the steel wool soaked it with lighter fluid, scrubbed, and hit it with Goo Gone, and Voila... it started to break down fairly easily... Strange but it worked...Steel wool, lighter fluid and Goo Gone, alternating applications. 

IMAG3141_zpsb72d66d8.jpg

IMAG3142_zps90cc16c0.jpg

IMAG3145_zpsbf0a81e8.jpg

IMAG3146_zpsb07936b5.jpg

Watching this EXTREMELY closely! I'm about to make my first cut....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can do it. It is alot of work, you just gotta make that first cut, then it's all down hill from there... :duim:

Started a bit of my concept with the Bucket on the JR. got him here , Chillin with the big boys. My TM build, waiting to build the nerve to paint, and my RS build, waiting on a proper faceplate for construction. The first one was distorted of the bottoms of the cheek tubes. 

IMAG3150_zps86dbb2c9.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Started a bit of my concept with the Bucket on the JR. got him here , Chillin with the big boys. My TM build, waiting to build the nerve to paint, and my RS build, waiting on a proper faceplate for construction. The first one was distorted of the bottoms of the cheek tubes. 

Distorted in what way? The original helmet RS is cast from has a collapsed cheek tube, which is included in their replicas, because that is what they sell. Replicas.

Distorted in what way? The original helmet RS is cast from has a collapsed cheek tube, which is included in their replicas, because that is what they sell. Replicas.

Right, TM enlightened me with that information. I guess they made repairs to the mould, as the first lid I received from them had decent cheek tubes, and the second had huge dents. The replacement faceplate they sent me, was in better condition.

I have made more progress on the DT, I will post updated pics soon.

Thanks guys...

• 2 weeks later...

So I started the strapping, made snap plates from this sign.

IMAG3357_zps869243e4.jpg

IMAG3358_zpsf1c54868.jpg

Made my straps out of elastic for a bit of mobility.

IMAG3359_zpsd18ca776.jpg

Almost ready to add the infection, getting close.

Check this out, on the JR belt, you can see the coin with Queen Elizabeth to make the center button. Kinda cool.

IMAG3368_zps0473ead3.jpg

IMAG3367_zps873246ea.jpg

Does anyone else's projects turn into complete and utter pandemonium? Working on all sides of my table... :blink:

Check this out, on the JR belt, you can see the coin with Queen Elizabeth to make the center button. Kinda cool.

IMAG3368_zps0473ead3.jpg

IMAG3367_zps873246ea.jpg

Does anyone else's projects turn into complete and utter pandemonium? Working on all sides of my table... :blink:

The queen was the proof that GF used agains the FX "people" when he caught them recasting his armors.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

The queen was the proof that GF used agains the FX "people" when he caught them recasting his armors. Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

You can tell, a fresh coin was used on the mould, as I would think a recast would not be so defined.

Do you think they added a coin to the form, to keep the shape?

You can tell, a fresh coin was used on the mould, as I would think a recast would not be so defined.

Do you think they added a coin to the form, to keep the shape?

It could be a possibility. Where are Jedi Robe located?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by Tolo

Great Observation Eric you are correct about the coin.

This is definetely a GF recast, that coin imprint is actually a Canadian dime which appeared on all the early FX armor, so whoever recasted FX in this case also Jedi Robe will all have that same coin imprint. This was the tell GF later used against FX to prove they had in fact recast his armor, why would a guy from California or UK use a Canadian dime when they don't use the same currency, it's just common sense GF being from Canada would use a Canadian coin. 

Google Canadian dime photos and you will see it's a Canadian coin not UK, the design clearly matches the imprint you have in your belt ;)

Mark

Edited by ABS80

I thought it was cool, tells a story anyway. I bought the kit from Jedi Robe, they are out of England , I thought the coin looked Canadian as I like to collect foreign money.antway, do you guys think this "recast" kit came from Canada , then went to the UK?

I heard TM also uses a coin for some of his moulds. Maybe it was the TD buttons on the AB.