Giving a Jedi Robe Kit What It Deserves...Death Trooper!

So I've been mentioning I was wanting to turn my JR kit into a DT. Well, I'm one step closer, and have pulled the kit apart. I figured i would layout the kit since it seems alot of people have never seen a JR kit, and you guys could see what this kit is , flaws and all...

So Here is the kit in pieces now, about to be buried...

IMAG2999_zpsfb857feb.jpg

Ab And Cod plate.

IMAG3000_zps5bbc8380.jpg

Inside of Ab/Cod shows Velcro strapping system, and cheesy buttons.

IMAG3001_zpsebe14025.jpg

Inside of back and butt piece, showing Velcro strapping.

IMAG3002_zps947e42bb.jpg

IMAG3003_zps88f68d5a.jpg

Forearms showing Velcro strapping.

IMAG3004_zps5d15029e.jpg

Bicep and Shoulder assembly. with thermal detonator.

IMAG3005_zps49e5598d.jpg

Glove detail, with crappy drop boxes. will fill these in.

Edited by Cantina Security

Figured i would post a couple pictures of the kit in action, after all , this will be the last time we see it like this....

image_zps194909d3.jpg

IMAG2978_zpsab189db1.jpg

IMAG2974_zps389fa162.jpg

image_zpsc01c2080.jpgIMAG2973_zps1c9eceb1.jpg

I must say, I was a bit fond of this suit, as it was my first set of armor. i did enjoy it being on display in my office, and the couple times i wore it. I surly have seen worse, but Not by much...lolz  RIP my JR...

There's worse things.  I think you can make a really solid deathtrooper with this should you choose to.  Good luck!

There's worse things. I think you can make a really solid deathtrooper with this should you choose to. Good luck!

Thanks Toddo, I have a concept coming together.

Getting all the Velcro of this thing, man it was really on there well. Getting the adhesive off today with some Goo Gone, thanks to Terry "Pandatrooper" , for the guidance on that.

I started with a bit of weathering , or should I say ' rotting battle damage ' , out of curiosity , it turned out pretty cool and I must say I am getting excited about the transformation..

Wow sounds exciting. Cant wait!!!!

Btw: in some pictures the helmet doesnt look that bad. Depends on the angle but i thought these Jedi Robe stuff looked much worse! Its gonna be a nice DT! You really put love in your suites, i like that...! :)

Edited by ex507

Ok, so i trimmed down the bicep and forearm pieces, made them fit better and took of the overlap edge to butt join and install cover strips.

IMAG3078_zps5fd5303b.jpg

IMAG3080_zpsaf2bbcfb.jpg

Also started playing around with the weathering, the rough cast of this recasted armour should give a nice texture to the trooper...

image_zpsda04e674.jpg

IMAG3079_zps163b418f.jpg

I thought this would go a bit faster, but i have a few other projects going on as well as curve balls in life. Nevertheless, this will be fun. No turning around now.... 

So I'm really struggling with the E6000 , not sure how much to use. It has been squishing out the sides of the covers trips. Being a DT I can clean it up, and it will help add texture. If I was building a nice shiny TK this would be unacceptable. Anyone have any pointers? I have been scoring and peeling off, which works ok, but a lot of extra work.

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated ...

You are putting to much glue.

I use a light sand paper to scuff the area that I need to glue, then I put a thin layer of glue in a zig zag motion without going to close to the edge. Clamps, magnets and some dry time.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by Tolo

Thanks Eric, I was certain that was too much, I tend to over do a lot of things . Also, we should be gluing one side at a time correct? One side ABS strip on front left calf. Let dry . Then assemble to front right side calf.let dry. Then back side right, with ABS strip. Let dry, then assemble to left side rear. Four step process for each section?

Thanks Eric, I was certain that was too much, I tend to over do a lot of things . Also, we should be gluing one side at a time correct? One side ABS strip on front left calf. Let dry . Then assemble to front right side calf.let dry. Then back side right, with ABS strip. Let dry, then assemble to left side rear. Four step process for each section?

I, personally prefer that method. I think everything will have time to get a better bond.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

That doe seem best, my impatience gets the best of me sometimes, but I will try this approach with the legs. The forearms and bicepskmare complete. Not painted just assembled with butt joints and cover strips.

Thanks Eric.