ESB E-11 Build (WIP) with Demilled Sterling Components

Cantina Security

So, I Was thinking of attempting this build with some parts i found at my local Garrison, year end clean out. Actual Demilled Sterling Components, i thought would help add some weight and realism to the build. Not sure if this is even possible, but i would like to give it a shot. figured instead of jumping in with both feet first, i would put it out here for the experts to see if I've even a chance of making this a reality. 

Thank you in advance for feedback, comments, and guidance ...

:salute:

IMAG2970_zpsf9b9d8c5.jpg

IMAG2969_zpsbce2b6e5.jpg

IMAG2968_zpsdaa4c913.jpg

IMAG2965_zpsb8f640ac.jpg

IMAG2964_zps1a112354.jpg

IMAG2963_zps24d84636.jpg

IMAG2960_zps97fd3a8c.jpgIMAG2971_zpsbd6f42ce.jpg

Vern, I knew i could draw you out. I think i need the scope rail too, but i can fab that up. A few other components too, huh? Spring, and greeblies?

Thanks for checking me out Vern, this is the kit i was referring too in the PM.

I doubt that JB weld will work with plastics... the heat generated during cure might warp the plastic.

I have not tried it... so you might want to test the process on a part of scrap.

no need to "draw me out" I love blaster builds!

why do you have a hengstler counter on an ESB? usually we omit that part?

I have no idea what the SPF 25 stamp is on the mag well but unless I am very much mistaken the F59 on the mag is a Fazakerly stamp, quite a rare thing to find, if it is a Fazakerly stamp it means the mag at least was made there between 1956 and 1960 when Fazakerley’s production was permanently closed. they made about 165,000 guns there in that time.

It would be interesting to know the serial on the other side of the mag well, especially given the finish, if it is prefixed UF or US you may have part of a British Military Issue there..

Thank you for the links, Germain...

I have no idea what the SPF 25 stamp is on the mag well but unless I am very much mistaken the F59 on the mag is a Fazakerly stamp, quite a rare thing to find, if it is a Fazakerly stamp it means the mag at least was made there between 1956 and 1960 when Fazakerley’s production was permanently closed. they made about 165,000 guns there in that time.

It would be interesting to know the serial on the other side of the mag well, especially given the finish, if it is prefixed UF or US you may have part of a British Military Issue there..

Wow, cool, I will get a few more photos of the other side of mag well, . You guys are making me even more excited than I already was...

• 3 weeks later...

So I didn't want this project to go cold, so i made a start in between other projects.

Cut the pipe at an angle that would mate up to the Front assembly, and was thinking of adding ABS gussets to keep these parts together. 

Here is a few pictures. Going to use JB Weld to fasten together, then use ABS paste to fill in between pipe and metal assembly.

IMAG3127_zpsa197c16b.jpg

IMAG3128_zps5aa3f8a8.jpg

IMAG3126_zps8696f78c.jpg

:Laser:

Prepare to be amazed Germain ...lol. I think the abs gussets will hold just fine. JB Weld is amazing stuff. I will use a heat gun to curve the gussets to the shape of the inside of barrel assembly to provide as much contact as possible with the adhesive. Also the inner barrel should help give me Some more support.

I'm the kinda guy who likes a good challenge. I do admit, I was scratching my head on this one...but I think my approach is decent. I thought about cutting off the end, forward sight assembly , bayonet lug, flash break and such, but then I would have to reposition all that stuff perfectly and I would like to keep it as much intact as possible.

Thanks for the feedback fellas...

Ok got a bit more completed and a clearer plan on how i will assemble this monster. I really need a resin bolt, so anyone that knows where i can get one, please advise. 

Gussets are working well, and the inner barrel will all help hold this tube in place, here are a couple photos as well as the back side of the mag well...

IMAG3135_zpsd5329513.jpg

IMAG3134_zpsb512b060.jpg

The shovel is a important instrument in this build, as it fits nicely between the gussets and will help hold them in place tightly against the tube while the adhesive cures.

IMAG3132_zpsd30e30a5.jpg

IMAG3131_zps4812a56c.jpg

IMAG3130_zps4a8f683b.jpg