A Small, Slightly Beat-up, Brown Box Arrived Recently. Doopydoos Full Resin ANH E-11 Build.

Awesome detail Tim, I think you will have to do a pipe build next with some electronics and lights ;)

Thanks, Glen. That is actually my new plan!! ;)

Probably late this year or early next year though.

Edited by Dark CMF

Hi! Incredible build, I'll be using yours for inspiration for my Doopydoo. One question, for the Hengstler counter numbers, is there a link to the font to make-your-own? I'd like to use my ID number in the window, or is it something you have to make in photoshop? Thanks!

Thanks, Robert!!

For the Hengstler numbers (you'll notice I haven't gotten to them in the build thread yet - and I'm actually getting ready to go and do some work on the counter at the moment) there are a number of members who have included the "print layout" in their threads, or offer to send you the numbers you want in the "font" that they used. I don't want to speak inaccurately and direct you to anyone in particular, but if you do have the ability to make them in photoshop, that's definitely an option. I've been looking around for actual rotating counter numbers to use, but have not found any as of yet, so I believe I'll be going to my printer at some point in time soon.

Perhaps someone else knows who (for sure) has offered to provide the numbers, and would care to chime in? (Here's hoping, anyway ;) )

Edited by Dark CMF

Yes, The Walking Dead is over, but I don't have much work to share tonight.

I did begin work on my "secret project" but I don't have enough done to post anything.

I expect that within the next few days, I'll slowly get some more done and be able to share it with all of you. There won't be much to do to get it ready for a show and tell, but I've got to get to that point first.

More to follow, and since it was mentioned, how about that episode of The Walking Dead?!?!?! Wow. (Sorry, not the right place for that.)

I started my blaster this weekend and this build has helped me so much! The details explained are awesome!

Awesome, Todd! Congratulations, it's a great kit to work with. If you have any questions about anything specifically that you see, don't hesitate to ask, glad it's been helpful to you so far!

I did get some more work done on the project tonight, one more day of work - a few hours I'd guess, and it should be ready for sharing! ;)

Edited by Dark CMF

What size are the numbers? The only thing I can think of with rotating numbers like that would be a water meter. Perhaps you might find one at a flea market or something though since they are usually municipal property I don't know if you obtained one if it would be entirely legal...

I considered this approach for awhile myself.  I was looking into a car speedometer from a junkyard as my numbers of choice.  The numbers will have to fit into the window, which is (going off the top of my head) 10mm high, and there are six numbers in the counter.

Here's a great counter mod by Dazauto that will give you some insight into this process that we're discussing:  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/20982-resin-hengstler-counter-mod/

Okay so here's what's been going on. you noticed I've been absent no doubt, for awhile, at least as far as the build is concerned.

What happened is that the charger for my laptop has died. There is a new one on the way soon, but in the meantime, I'm using my iPad and work computer to post comments.

If you've been following along the whole time, you've noticed me talk about my secret project, which has been something that I haven't seen anyone do yet - that doesn't mean it hasn't been done, I just have yet to see it personally, on a Doopy build.

I've been hard at work on the blaster, and tonight, I'm going to do something a little unusual for the thread. I'm going to show you what has been done, before sharing the WIP photos - because of the dead laptop, I can't get my photos online. I can use the iPad to post YouTube videos though, so...

Here's what I've been up to, my counter is about 99% complete, and just about ready to assemble! there has been some shopping. My bolt is cut, but not modded yet. I've got some paint and should be priming parts real soon. All of that is well and good though. Here's what you've been waiting for, the public debut of my secret project, I've shared a mock-up with a few people already: a Pressable button in the Doopydoos BlasTech E-11 Resin Hengstler Counter. Yes, a Pressable button. LoL.

Here's the video. I'm quite proud of, and excited to share this with all of you:

As always, please leave your questions and comments for me, and thank you for following along.

Once I get my new charger and battery, I will be updating the thread with all of the photos I've been taking along the way. Oh, I bought an actual Dremel too, and I love the thing! Love it, love it, love it!!

Awesome Tim!  Way to go the extra mile!  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:   There's a bunch of you guys really taking Doopy mods to a whole new level at the moment!  (You, Gazmosis, T-Jay, Dacrates are a few that spring to mind... please let us know if there are any others in the gang :smiley-sw013: :smiley-sw013: :smiley-sw013: :smiley-sw013: :smiley-sw013: :smiley-sw013:   :smiley-sw013:   )

Cheers, Andy

Thank you for your kind words, Andy. Coming from you, who took the cylinders to an entirely other world, that type of praise is well appreciated! :)

It was just something that I saw as being a possibility, so I went for it. I am pleased with how it turned out.

Since then, I completed the charging handle mod for my bolt, but have to determine how best to assemble it after painting.

Thank you, gentlemen!  I do truly appreciate it, and hope that just maybe, my counter mod will be a sort of "lasting contribution" to the hobby!  :D

I'm still waiting for my battery and charger to arrive.  Grrrrrrr...

Should be able to finish up the bolt and possibly the scope this weekend.  That will leave me with only the scope rail, paint, and final assembly to finish it up.

Edited by Dark CMF

Following this with interest and implementing it on my latest blaster build.

Must be the best build I have seen to date.. 

Awesome work!

Just wish I could get hold of a working folding stock here in the UK!

Thank you, Robert. Truly humbling praise.

Is the stock issue due to local laws, I'm guessing?

In a surprisingly happy turn of events, my battery and charger arrived today, so updates will be coming this weekend!!!!!