[Help] Stormtrooper helmet Kit -Screen accurate on Ebay

Pumpkins

Hello guys,

I'm not new but it is the first time I post here.

For about 6 years ago I bought my FX armor for 350€ without knowing anything about it. Today I know that FX armors are not well seen in the community and not so accurate.

In my opinion the armor is fine for the price only the helmet is huge and ugly.

Now I'm looking for a new one. I want a good helmet, "accurate" and cheap to be able to join the 501th german garrison.

I checked Daetrin's post about where to get good armors but they are all too hard to get and too expensive.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

If I get one of the rs pro helmet I will never use it.

http://www.rspropmasters.com/stunt-helmet/

I found a seller on ebay who seems to be legit and no recast.

What do you guys think about it? should I get it? can you guys suggest something better. I'm rly lost xD

Here you go:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stormtrooper-helmet-Kit-Screen-accurate/261374465354?_trksid=p2045573.m2102&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D33%26meid%3D4225410195193831441%26pid%3D100034%26prg%3D1031%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D261376505127%26

Thanks in advance for your help.

You say, that non of those helmets are your price range?

Ask ATA ( mail-adress in the post), he does very affordable kits or scootchs CAP kits offered here on these boards.

I built both kits, really a pleasure,  and if you do not want to spend the amount of money needed for them.... well then probably this is the wrong hobby for you ?! No offense meant, but it´s fact  that this is an expensive hobby.

I can not say it often enough: Stay away from ebay, 80 % are crap and recast, 10 % are just crap, 5 % are decent but recast (and thus should not be bought) and 5 % are from vetted makers like CFO, TM (very rare on ebay) or MTK.

So, ATA and CAP for you all the way.

Good luck trooper!

I would say the same as Eric and here's why..

There are many reasons for why everyone here are so much against E(vil)bay. It is of course mainly because you will end up buying total crap 99 % of the times but also because there is a huge risk that the pieces you find, that aren't total crap, are recasts. Normal people don't really care if they buy recasts because they find what they want for a small price but what they don't realize is that they pretty much stole the money from the original artist and handed them over to a person who hasn't done anything else then playing a fowl game and luring people.

We in the 501st are SOO lucky to have so many great makers of armor out there. Without them non of this would be possible. We honestly have them to thank for everything. They are loyal to us and lay down there whole lives to create accurate armor obtainable by the public and In exchange for all this the least you can do as a customer is to ALWAYS buy directly from a maker or plausible secondhand from an other person/member if you are entirely sure that person bought it from legit sources. 

That's why you should NEVER buy armor parts from E-bay!

Instead you should read some more. The RS armor is the best armor in the world (together with TM) and it might be a bit pricey but I promise you, if you buy it the problem won't be that you're to scared to wear it but it would be to get it of your head when you have to go to sleep  ;) 

If your looking for cheaper stuff ATA is probably the way to go. What ever you choose make sure to research A LOT before buying ;)

Good luck!

Edited by TheKido

At the price range of the helmet, you can have a good looking helmet from one of the makers or a used one for the members arround here.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Thank you guys for the fast answers.

For sure this is an expensive hobby. Dont get me wrong Im just want an acceptable helmet for an acceptable price.

I sent ATAWORKS an Email like you told me to do. :jc_doublethumbup:

..and I researched a little more and found that the guy selling helmets on ebay has a homepage: http://www.macprops.com and videos on youtube :blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAhbCULbwTo

You guys never heard about macprops?

I've honestly never heard of that place and according to my quick search neither has fisd?  :huh:

I wont base this on any facts but I'm guessing it is a recaster who started a webpage and who is trying to get some customers. I'm saying this because that is what my experience tells me but I might be wrong so just wait and someone will come and prove me wrong or right soon. ;)

Never heard of this maker. TE lineage I would say. Just another new recaster, trying to make easy money.

Gesendet von meinem XT1032 mit Tapatalk

ahahhah you are good. The dome looks rly like TE.

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/imperialfanAnon.htm

Just wanted to show you. He could be a well know maker from usa or something like that.

I got all ATAWORKS prices and looks rly good. Exactly what Im looking for!

Thanks for the help troopers :salute:

ahahhah you are good. The dome looks rly like TE.

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/imperialfanAnon.htm

Just wanted to show you. He could be a well know maker from usa or something like that.

I got all ATAWORKS prices and looks rly good. Exactly what Im looking for!

Thanks for the help troopers :salute: WOW! that was quick on the prices from ATA!!

Mmmmm i wonder!!!! is any one thinking what im thinking????

I don't think so...(that it's him)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by Tolo

Don't be paranoid!

I'm going to get my new helmet from ATAWORKS and will make a WIP of it.

I'm lurking this community for years and never finished my armor because I had/have a lot of questions, one of them was about the helmet.

Tolo is right, at the price range of the helmet on ebay, I can have a good looking helmet from one of the makers and that is something I didn't know.

The guys from ATA don't have a homepage with prices and I can only get this kind of information/recomendation from you guys. It is for sure an insider thing.

Like I said, I was looking for a 4 pieces helmet, smaller and accurater than my huge hard to bild FX helmet.

Thank you guys I found exactly what I wanted and even better now I support a trusted Maker for a good price.

Edited by Pumpkins

Hi Guys

Just thought I'd drop by and say hello, one of my customers found this post.

My Helmets aren't recasts. They came from a badly damaged original helmet which I have painstakingly re-sculpted and restored over a six month period, and are still working on it now. They aren't copies of anyone's work, just to put the record straight for you all. I am a time served Artist, and fully respect the work of other people, and hope one day nobody copies mine. People tend to think that 'recasters' do this for a bit of quick easy money... well my recommendation to such people if you wish to do it properly is choose another trade, as the amount of effort needed isn't quick, and it certainly isn't easy building these helmets day in day out, as I'm sure you are all aware.

I don't tout for business in any of the forums, and never will, I work through my site and a couple of ads on ebay, so I understand the comments and confusion about these mystery lids that have turned up. I just thought I'd shed a little light on the subject for you all.

Keep up the good work!

Mac

Hey Mac!

Nice to see, that you answered to the recast claim.

Although you don't want to sell on these boards, would you be willing to show us some photos of your original helmet?

On the one hand, cause every new photo of an original helmet can be a great rescource for new builds, on the other hand you could give your claim more weight.

Hope you decide to work with us in this point.Cheers!

Gesendet von meinem XT1032 mit Tapatalk

Edited by Minuteman

Hi all

Id be happy to put something together, history that I know of the helmet, photo's etc in the near future and make it available.

Jiha!

Good news, can't wait for it ;-)

Edited by Minuteman

I am quiet curious to see the origins of this lid.

I am not convinced yet since i see alot of familiar details.

And the staying away from our boards wich you seem to know is not helping either.

Dont get me wrong i dont mean it in a bad way!!!

If you really provide pics of the original damaged lid and your work on it trust me we will support you.

Looking forward to see some nice pics! ;)

Hey guys, I'm not expert so can't comment on where these lids originated from but for what it's worth I own one & must say I really like it.

It seems built well & the details sharp for a 2mm cast, I have a couple of nice lids like RS props fully painted "aged" look Stormy & their Snowtrooper ,Godzilla's Tusken raider etc & reckon the Mac Sandy doesn't look out of place quality wise.

That's just my personal thoughts on it. post-20088-0-27739500-1390779859_thumb.png

Hey postie! Nice TD helmet you got there! Would you be willing to give us a side by side comparison of an RS helmet to the Mac one? Would be cool to see and as you posses both... :-)<br />Thanks man!