TK build (MTK)

bzb

Thanks Jason. Appreciate the advice and everyone taking the time to look and respond!

Couple new photos after the adjustments. Fixed the belt height, drop boxes are affixed, and adjusted the shoulder strap (right), forearm size (right), and the cover strips on the backs of the legs.

Additionally, I added a small layer of fleece at the bottom of my shins to try to eliminate much of the scratching on the boot paint. So far, so good.

CjZCbYr.jpg?2

QJpXKG8.jpg?2

I know on the front photo, it looks like the sniper plate is below the thigh... but rest assured, it is not. I had my wife take the photo from above to show how the angle of the photo distorts. I'm planning on setting up a tripod for my EIB and Centurion submission.

FGVo31G.jpg

Edited by bzb

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elbow gaps are still too large (but i'm kind of obsessed by these :P):

12559680985_0be156d032_n.jpg

Hooks aren't compulsory. I think there was less troopers with on the film than without.

One thing to think about in my upcoming MTK build - Looking at this screen shot, the BIG gap is actually betwen the hand plate and the forearm, not the elbow whereas bzb has the big elbow gap. Might have to check out a few more screen shots.

Although, I reckon the final 'action' shot above looks good.

Dang it Germain! Its comfortable the way it is! :)

Ill add strapping to the shoulder bells instead of the hooks. Anything else thats an obvious fix for EIB?

Just for your to know, i'm pretty sure those gaps won't prevent you from getting EIB ;)! They just might be an issue only for Centurion (even though it's more an EIB point to me).

Other than that you're clearly ready to go for EIB!

Thanks all. Working on EIB bits, I think I'm just about ready. Waiting on the D-ring for the blaster and I should be set to submit. I'll post up new photos here first for inspection :)

First official troop today for 3 hours, and I have a host of adjustments to make. First off, the cod piece: it pinches my right thigh and just generally rubs poorly in one spot. Should I trim it to contour to my body, or install some foam behind it? It is sanded and the edge is rounded off as much as I can...

Secondly, my left forearm slides down constantly. Unfortunately, I cannot trim it any further - I can just barely get my hand through as it is... so it's not the sizing, but I guess the placement of the foam. Any recommendations?

Strangely enough, my right forearm (which is bigger) stays put even though it's no tighter than my left. Foam is basically placed in the same spot on both.

And lastly, my biceps pinch right on... my biceps. I'm thinking of removing the return edge on the insides of the biceps altogether. Is there any glaring issue with this?

No issues with the bicep return edge. You could place a strap connecting your bicep and forearm. You would never worry about it again. One thing I would look into. The top of your ab plate is showing under the bottom of your chest. I would attach a couple nylon straps with snaps to prevent the chest from moving above the ab plate. Nice armor, brother!

Hush, Germain. I will find another way! ;)

FINE, I'll add the stupid strap!

Thanks for the tip Steve, unfortunately the original-style strapping doesn't seem to work for me. I'm only an inch taller than the screen stormies, and yet I have this issue :(

Getting to cuttin sometime this week. I'll post more pics!

• 2 weeks later...

Made a few adjustments toward Centurion. After my first troop, I had a couple armor bites, so I trimmed those areas a little bit.

Added straps to the chest to make sure it never pops up over the ab plate.

kTVNY5h.jpg?1

New tube stripes.

MVBRfHL.jpg?1

New rubber gloves. Need cotton liners before I troop in these. Hands get sweaty REAL quick.

lDMyizK.jpg?1

Scuffed (chipped?) up the Chelseas. I think I may need some help with suggestions on how to make this look better.

WRoToBh.jpg?1