How to Assemble Stormtrooper Armor

TK-4510

No offence, but I think you should change the title to "How to build Stormtrooper armour". By including the word "accurate" implies (to me) that is how the original movie suits were built and your demonstration is far from being accurate to the originals, showing lots of minor flaws in the assembly, strapping, and materials used.

There should be no use of the word "accurate" since it clearly is not. It's a good build general build guide but it's not accurate to the originals.

I agree.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks for making and sharing those videos Mike.  They would have been amazingly helpful to me when I was starting out, and I am confident that they will be helpful to many a new trooper in the future.

Paul,

Much appreciated. Please list all the areas that need to be addressed in detail and I will see if I can change them. :)

I did say in the beginning of part one that this is how "I build stormtrooper armor". My learning is evolving all the time. :)

Edited by MTK

There are too many details to pick out right now, but one thing that immediately caught my attention was your snap on the back plate should be on the chest. It's just little things that are wrong but it's almost every detail is off in your videos. As I said earlier, they are good for an average build guide but so many small details are wrong to say it is an accurate build. Too many people use the word accurate without really knowing what is accurate.

Thanks man!

Ok, well Paul, I do seriously respect your opinion and input.

Regarding the snap on the shoulder strap. I know its wrong, but after wearing a backpack at Comic-Con all day a few years ago, my collar bone was badly bruised from that button. The weight of the pack just rode right on top of it..(yeeeooouch!!) so it goes in back now! :)

I want the video to be a good resource so I am ABSOLUTELY OK with pointers or advice. If you wanna give me more detailed info later when you have time, I would be very grateful! :)

Cheers! :)

Edited by MTK

Regarding the snap on the shoulder strap. I know its wrong, but after wearing a backpack at Comic-Con all day a few years ago, my collar bone was badly bruised from that button. The weight of the pack just rode right on top of it..(yeeeooouch!!) so it goes in back now! :)

I want the video to be a good resource so I am ABSOLUTELY OK with pointers or advice. If you wanna give me more detailed info later when you have time, I would be very grateful! :)

I understand you, i had the same problem and damn my collar bone was sore at the end of the day!

About your last video (6.5) and the strapping of the drop boxes, i think it's more accurate to use 1inch white elastic than nylon webbing:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/18031-original-and-replica-prop-stormtrooper-belt/

The videos are great, really helpful.  One thing I missed is the trimming of the torso pieces, and how they strap together with the snaps... or did I just skip over it somehow?  I have a pretty good idea from looking at photos of others' builds, but video always helps!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

This is probably all cleared up by now, but i took the original post as meaning the armor was accurate styled rather than the assembly itself being "accurate". Thats just how i saw it.

..but that said, these are great videos for learning to build. When i joined, i found something similar that helped get me started. My technique and process has evolved over the years, but i still maintain some things that i learned from those videos back in 2008! These are much better, but i think myself and Mike joined around the same time, so Mike wasn't the legend he is now back then haha :)

Edited by Darth Voorhees