The march to 700 Expert Infantry in 2014

Daetrin

...and I just noticed we have an instagram account. 

Hey Anthony, do you happen to know the FISD instagram username?  Can't find it in the search..  Thanks!

I'm having trouble with our supplier. I would suggest subscribing to this thread to get notified when I post that the run is back open. 

-Eric

Eric,

Good afternoon.

I may have another contact for us.  He is doing a good amount of work for the Golden Gate Garrison as well as the 501st.

PM me and I will pass along his contact information if you would like it.

Thanks... :D

Also, I am ecouraging all GGG TK's to apply for EIB through individual connection/contact and may have one set to go!

Are TD's allowed to go for EIB? if so, I'm surly going for EIB. If TD is a no go , I will wait for my ESB TM...

This is for TK's only. You can go Deployed and SWAT on MEPD though...they are the equivalent of EI and Centurion respectively.

This is for TK's only. You can go Deployed and SWAT on MEPD though...they are the equivalent of EI and Centurion respectively.

Thank you sir, I will however be bringing my TM to the EIB...

I'm definitely building towards EI and Centurion!   Are EI and Centurion patches no longer available?  The coins are great, but I'd really love to have these on my jacket someday soon!

Patches_zps6eb828dc.jpg

This EI patch would definitely give me the extra push to go EI this year.  :)

Actually I think I'm pretty ready to go EI... just wondering if the blaster is required when applying for EI status.  I have the Hasbro blaster and haven't made the listed changes to it.

• 6 months later...

Just happened to get another look at this thread (as I'm ramping up for my EIB submission right now) and realized that we've got some work to do as a detachment, in order to reach this goal.

We're just about 2/3 of the way through this year, and have only added about 50 EIBs. I'm not sure what the "normal" annual submission/approval numbers are but clearly, we're going to need another 300 in the next five months, to get to 700...

I'm still aware of several builds which are underway that are planning on building to Centurion, but we've got to find more Troopers to get across the line.

What kind of blitz can we pull off during this final stretch? Let's get this goal achieved!!!

WHOA Tim!!! I agree that this huge number would be cool to achieve, but making sure that peoples' armor is looking good is the number one concern. More and more people are looking straight to Centurion. EIB ends up being part of the process.

Rushing your build to get to a number is not what I suggest. IT takes more time to fix a mistake than to do it once...and do it right the first time.

I do love the enthusiasm , though.

Yes. Good point Steve. I didn't mean to imply that anyone should rush or be rushed for the purpose of achieving or getting closer to the goal during this timeframe.

I suppose I'm just trying to remind our TKs to find someone that they know is close and help them along. 300 doesn't really seem possible in five months by relying on new builders receiving, completing, and getting approval with their kits in order to submit. The bulk if that will have to come from current TKs.

Edited by Dark CMF

Great point Tim.  We don't have to sacrifice our quality standards to encourage even more vitality in the EIB program.

Great point Tim.  We don't have to sacrifice our quality standards to encourage even more vitality in the EIB program.

I think a lot of it depends on what Garrison your part of. I went to an armor party the other weekend. There are no local TK's at all so there was no encourangment to do things a certain way. In fact there was probably more discouragement - "Oh that's only for higher levels, don't worry about that", etc. I like reading information on the computer so am aware of the various levels and strive for excellence so want to achieve those levels. But others who don't know about them aren't encouraged. So for those non active forum members, we need to get the word out to the GMLs of each Garrison to encourage exellence at that level. Maybe we need a 501st-wide drive, not just TK specific!