The march to 700 Expert Infantry in 2014

Daetrin

This is from a response in a different thread, but I thought it relevant enough that I'm posting this to the Announcements area as a call to arms.

The question was "Is there any Centurion specific merch". My answer...

No, there is no centurion specific merch. The point of the coins was to get more people EI.

There are 2526 TK's in the 501st.

There are 352 EI's for 14% of the Legion TK's.

There are 110 Centurions, or 4.4% of the Legion TK's, or nearly 1/3 of all EI.

Our goal is to get to at least 33% of the Legion to EI, or to about 842 EI.

In other words, getting EI to go Centurion is not the problem. Getting base TK's to go EI is, hence the coin for EI, as this is the metric/behaviour we're trying to change.

So our push for 2014 should be to double the EI's from 350 to 700. I mean if every EI got just one other person to go EI, that would be a huge accomplishment for the Legion, especially now that LFL is starting to judge applicants for some Legion events.

Glory, honor, empire, blah blah blah. In the end it's about pride in our costume. The "backbone of the Empire" should be the best looking costumes in the Legion, no?

I'm definitely building towards EI and Centurion!   Are EI and Centurion patches no longer available?  The coins are great, but I'd really love to have these on my jacket someday soon!

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Stupid question, will there be more coins made for EIB? Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Most likely. But it is a large investment to have them made and it takes a long time for whoever finances them to get their money back.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm all in!!!

My armor kit is (currently) on pace for an August delivery, but I'm gunning for Centurion (with EIB the second stop along the way - following basic 501st approval as the first step) from the get go!!

I think that we can do this!  The attaches definitely seem to be making their presence felt along the way, and I'm familiar with a good handful of current recruits/prospects who all say that we are going to do it.

March on to 700 in 2014!!

On a side note, and this may not be the place for it - someone PM me please if need be - but I might have a contact in the relatively near future that currently does produce coins at a very, very good price for my Battalion.  If there is any interest in investigating that as an option, please let me know.  I can't make any promises and I understand that there is a lot of higher level approval etc involved with producing any merch for any part of the 501st, but if it is desired, I can easily ask the question.

Agreed, more of a push for EIB would be great, mind you if you are going for EIB why not go that little bit extra and reach Centurion, after all there is not that much extra needed, just a bit more detail ;)

I've managed to convince a few to build straight for Centurion from the start, be great if we could also see 200 Centurion's by the end of the year :D

On 1/15/2014 at 7:49 AM, RainTrooper said:

I'm definitely building towards EI and Centurion!   Are EI and Centurion patches no longer available?  The coins are great, but I'd really love to have these on my jacket someday soon!

------------

They are usually runs 2-3 times a year. At least that's how I did it. Darth Aloha has that program now.

Agreed, more of a push for EIB would be great, mind you if you are going for EIB why not go that little bit extra and reach Centurion, after all there is not that much extra needed, just a bit more detail ;)

I've managed to convince a few to build straight for Centurion from the start, be great if we could also see 200 Centurion's by the end of the year :D

I would say that most new folks go EI out the gate, but maybe are missing one detail. The real push will be getting 350 existing members to spend the ~$50 and an afternoon to take the plunge.

I'll vouch for him on this count - for at least ONE, because that is me. :D

Bill, take a look at the Centurion standards vs. EIB... It really isn't that much more to do to accomplish the higher Centurion standard, and the subtle changes/upgrades will make a difference to you in the end!

Centurion is definitely worth considering - in my humble opinion!

Edited by Dark CMF

They are usually runs 2-3 times a year. At least that's how I did it. Darth Aloha has that program now.

I'm having trouble with our supplier. I would suggest subscribing to this thread to get notified when I post that the run is back open. 

-Eric

We should inspire all our new troopers to strive for EI! It truly was no more work (other than a bit of research) to reach EI or Centurion. Going into my first build I wish I was prompted to go the extra mile on it. I have converted my first TK to a TD that just was approved for police officer status. I ordered an new set of TM armor and did it the right way from the start. Soooooo much easier to do all the details from the beginning than pulling apart all those parts coated in E-6000. I like the movement! Push all troopers to the best accuracy. Well done on this fellas!

I'm having trouble with our supplier. I would suggest subscribing to this thread to get notified when I post that the run is back open. 

-Eric

Will do.  Thanks Darth Aloha!  First things first... Finish this armor and 501st status!!   :smiley-sw013:

>>> The "backbone of the Empire" should be the best looking costumes in the Legion, no?

Absolutely!

Let's push the call to arms through Attachés but also every individual can help!

1. Upgrade yourself if you're still basic. Think you can't pass? Don't know for sure til you try.

2. EIs - grab a friend or a newb! Help them along.

ECOURAGEMENT and WELCOMING ATTITUDE are what it takes to get more Expert Infantry.  Don't even talk about Centurion... just get them to EI.

I am pushing our new troopers to the ECG to go for EIB/centurion for sure.

From what I see.....there is not enough awareness towards the programs on a big enough scale outside of the forum

Troopers that dive into the FISD forum hardcore do learn about them (EIB&Centurion)....but I also know troopers that have signed up on this forum....got their armor... built it.....got legion approved and didn't know about the programs (I'm sure it is do to their lack of research too).....

I have a suggestion....

I think we (FISD) should use social media more to promote the EIB program than we do. For example..... celebrate troopers that get the EIB awards by announcing them and posting photos of them on our facebook, twitter, and I just noticed we have an instagram account. Talk about the EIB program on our social media more...... make it seem that the standard is to be EIB if you're joining the legion to the public. 

It seems the world is living and learning off this social media stuff nowadays.....

I've used social media a lot promoting my bands and have gotten great results. I'm also the PR guy (handling all gunner social media too) for the gunner detachment. If any of what I said above makes sense to the staff or if anybody on the PR team is open to suggestions.....I have some.

Edited by Redforce

Anthony, I think that is probably a good idea. Although I'd been thinking of joining the 501st in the back of my mind for quite some time, ultimately it was the Legion's FB campaign that really led me to the research that brought me to FISD.

If I may, I have a suggestion as well...

While recently conducting some cross-forum electronics research, I signed up over at the Sith Lord forums and noticed that they have something like a "Hall of Fame" for their second and third level approved members (I believe Emperor is their equivalent of our Centurion, I don't recall the second level title). It is a section of the forum that I think helps with the awareness of the programs, while giving a small nod of appreciation to those who have already done it.

Might also help with awareness to have an "Honors Detachment" for EIBs and Centurions here for the new members to read/see.

These are both excellent ideas. I often had a hard time as PRO figuring out what to put on Fb and twitter. With well over 2000 followers it would also showcase the best looking troopers to the world at large.

To amp up the presence on the forums I suggest something more on the educational side. I would say that there are two kinds of people- those who research themselves to death and those who don't. A lot of new troopers end up confused about the awards and how to apply for them. More presence would lead them to educate themselves.

The trick is: how to get the 350 of us to pass the torch and bring up a brother. Help someone locally. Etc.