New airsoft MK4 L2A3 soon on market

skyone

For $518 I'm out.  Add shipping to that and it becomes way too expensive. Some more $ and you could get a demilled Sterling.  And not to forget this is for the base gun, you still need to upgrade it to become a ROTJ E-11

Edited by jkno

Indeed. But for those that can't get a demilled it's a decent option if you want to go high-end. Personally I'm happy with my full aluminium, but for other swedes it might work. Or if you're just desperate for a ROTJ.

If I would be desperate for the ROTJ E-11, I'd save some more money and then look around and buy a MGC. Thankfully I'm not that interested in the ROTJ E-11, and the big price for this one makes me even less interested. If it was around $300 then would be another story. Hopefully Denix will wake up and make a Sterling ...  or even 2. ;)

just an FYI an MGC canadian C! costs MUCH more than this airsoft replica.

for example I paid almost 300.00 more for my MGC C1 than this replica.  and it's not like there are tons of MGC just sitting on ebay

or elsewhere.  for a fact the MGC is actually worth almost 2000.00 but that's with caps, and false rounds to go with it.

my personal MGC was made in the 60's... so it's a true old time cap gun.

I missed on RPF last year on a perfect MGC for $600. There was one for sale there not long ago either for about $1100, it might still be. So the price can be high or it can be low, depending on luck and patience. And I have lots of patience. And sometimes luck too.

yeah... well theres no way anyone's going to get my MGC... not unless they pry it from my cold dead zombie hand.

A bird in hand is worth more than two in a bush...

they might get away... when in the bush.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Precisely. So why complain about the price for the airsoft? Those that can't get an MGC I'm sure are happy to accept that there are alternatives. Those that have MGC's aren't in the market for this one, so what they think of it is kind of irrelevant.

Besides, while they seem to be aware that the sterling was used in star wars, they primary market is still airsoft players, which we are not. So we aren't even in their intended market demographics. IE, what we think of their product is worth even less.

oh... and by far I don't have any problem myself with this C1 replica... in fact I will most likely buy one just because I'm insane... and I want one.

who does not want a working folding stock on an airsoft!

woot!

Precisely. So why complain about the price for the airsoft? Those that can't get an MGC I'm sure are happy to accept that there are alternatives. Those that have MGC's aren't in the market for this one, so what they think of it is kind of irrelevant.

Besides, while they seem to be aware that the sterling was used in star wars, they primary market is still airsoft players, which we are not. So we aren't even in their intended market demographics. IE, what we think of their product is worth even less.

I play airsoft :P

• Like 1

I'm an airsofter too.

Let me say that 500 bucks is a little too much for a weapon like that. Ok, it's a limited quantity, but the item itself it's nothing so particular and has no particular features (except the fact that nobody else has it in production).

Edited by elleerre

I'm an airsofter too. Let me say that 500 bucks is a little too much for a weapon like that. Ok, it's a limited quantity, but the item itself it's nothing so particular and has no particular features (except the fact that nobody else has it in production).

Exactly, good post. For a dedicated airsofter this weapon is quite uninsteresting compared to other modern or even classic rifles, SMG's etc. out there. I have friends who are big into airsoft, some spent thousands and thousands of dollars on their gear, buying only the best stuff available, and when I showed it to them, they were quite unimpressed. They even asked me why making such an obsolete airsoft weapon (which doesn't come with the cool modern upgrades you can have for others). I explained what this was for SW fans and their reaction was: "Aaaah, we get it, LOL". This airsoft Sterling C1 is like a wink, it was made more for airsofters that are also SW fans, or for SW fans, than for a regular airsofters.

And that might be one of the reasons it goes for more money compared to other weapons of similar type. Star Wars sells, and then why not more money for the company. They don't even need to get a license from Lucasfilm/Disney to make it, and still they realize this is more than just an airsoft weapon, you can chage it into E-11. Thus why not ask more for this, especially knowing that as usual SW fans will pay for it...  ;)

There are some air soft players that do historical characters, and then you need period weapons. But overall the market would be pretty small indeed.

One comment I saw on facebook about the price which I found insightful is that since the sterling has such a unique shape, you can't use existing gearboxes and other parts, becuase they won't fit. So the company would have to custom engineer all the parts specifically for this gun. That drives up the price.

Well, there are also a Stenn gun out on the market wich is cheap (250$ I think) which uses a smaller gearbox, than what will fit in the Sterling, So I hardly believe the Gearbox is what makes this cost more.

but again. I still think 500$ is an okay price for this gun. Still not gonna buy it, since I dont do Airsoft re-enactment and I cant make an ANH E-11 from it. But if this was the correct Sterling for ANH I wouldnt mind paying 500$ for it, just to get the correct gun to modify. Hell, I paid 600$ for my MR E-11 and that dont even have a working stock!

There are some air soft players that do historical characters, and then you need period weapons. But overall the market would be pretty small indeed.

One comment I saw on facebook about the price which I found insightful is that since the sterling has such a unique shape, you can't use existing gearboxes and other parts, becuase they won't fit. So the company would have to custom engineer all the parts specifically for this gun. That drives up the price.

That's a good point.

Engineering a new gearbox is expensive, no doubt on it. Anyone has pictures of it?

I was so sure they were using a (modified?) AK47 gearbox, but I forgot that the magazine is in a completely different position.

By the way, I'm still not sure that 500$ it's an honest price... With the above considerations I'll say that around 400 will be good.