Voice is muffled

I have had an iComm and Aker setup and it seems like no matter what I do my voice comes out muffled.  So bad that most people can't make out what I'm saying.  I switched to a Rom/FX and still have the same issue.  I've used the iComm uni-directional mic and the mic that comes with the memorex wireless unit.  My helmet is AP and it's really tight in there.  I've also tried the Aker's speaker facing both ways in my chest plate.  Any ideas?

I got myself this mic and it solved my problem. I have an AP bucket and Echo's fan system.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Not really, it prevents me for having the mic on my mouth non-stop during trooping. Wich bothered me as heck.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Eric... got any photos on how you mounted that badboy?

-Eric

On 1/9/2014 at 2:21 AM, kupertrooper said:

I remember this mic and searched and found this cool setup.

----------

I did somthing close to that, but, a bit simpler.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by gmrhodes13

The one on amazon says it needs a power source. Will the ICOMM power it? Or do you need something else? Sorry if this is a dumb question as I'm new.

I've hooked it up like a normal mic and it works fine. The advantage of this mic is that you don't need to have it almost stuck on you mouth to make it loud. It needs about 1/2" to 3/4" of space between your mouth, or else, you will get feedback. 

Edited by Tolo

On 1/9/2014 at 2:15 AM, Darth Aloha said:

Eric... got any photos on how you mounted that badboy?

-Eric

Eric, here are the pictures of my set up. Pretty easy. I've super glued a small piece of HIPS inside my bucket. Salvaged the mic clip to use only the holder and super glued it on my piece of HIPS.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13

Clever! Thanks man. I can't wait to try it out. 

-Eric

On 1/9/2014 at 7:31 AM, Tolo said:

Eric, here are the pictures of my set up. Pretty easy. I've super glued a small piece of HIPS inside my bucket. Salvaged the mic clip to use only the holder and super glued it on my piece of HIPS.===========

Edited by gmrhodes13

I think I may buy one and run it with this----------- and a ICOMM. 

Keep in mind, with the RS amp you may need to get either a powered mic or perform a minor procedure on the amp. Unless the iComm serves to provide power. I can't speak to that issue. I grabbed that amp to go with a couple of Samson mics I had laying around. They didn't work with it. But if you open the amp and solder in 1 small wire that solves the problem. Thanks to Tray, I did just that and now it works fine. And I've never soldered anything before, so if I can do it, trust me when I say that anybody can!

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13