TK HeeHaw ATA ANH Stunt Build.

Been on a few troops with the armor now and have redone a few things...  Biceps and thighs have been resized and fit much better. Thighs ride up higher to reduce the gap between them and the belt. No where near as much armor bite on the legs.

A fellow GT member has recently made EIB and has motivated me to take some pics for my own submission.  Will have some pics in a few weeks to post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you like the CA glue? I used it on my Shock Trooper with the accelerant , and it was nice, fast too. I just notice everyone using E6000 on the TK's.... What is the real difference ? Does the E6000 make it easier to take apart if needed? I always wondered why most people use E6000 over the CA glue on FISD. Most troopers on the Clone Detachment use CA glue with zip kicker.

Must be a matter of preference .

I think the E6000 makes it easy to make adjustments during assembly. The CA glue, you better have it straight because that stuff goes off fast.

Nice armor, good luck with your build.

I've seen this mentioned a few times, what's a zip kicker? I'm pretty unfamiliar with tools.

I've seen this mentioned a few times, what's a zip kicker? I'm pretty unfamiliar with tools.

Its an adhesion accelerant for CA glues. Cures extremely fast!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Its an adhesion accelerant for CA glues. Cures extremely fast!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Ok, cool. Is there a list any where on here that lists out common tools for a kit build? Going through the post everyone seems to use different stuff, and for the uninitiated, I sometimes get a little confused on what the best tool for each piece is.

For example, when putting the kit together to screw or glue, I've seen people use tape, magnets, and clamps. I'd be afraid of the clamps damaging the plastic though.

Or what are the best pieces to use a dremmel with a cutting wheel without worrying about heat melting plastic. I did a few searches, but didn't come up with much, or it was a different type of kit from mine. I'm not sure if there a different style to building various kits or not.

That was kind of a ramble of a post, apologies!

Edited by Capi'tanc'runch

Ok, cool. Is there a list any where on here that lists out common tools for a kit build? Going through the post everyone seems to use different stuff, and for the uninitiated, I sometimes get a little confused on what the best tool for each piece is.

For example, when putting the kit together to screw or glue, I've seen people use tape, magnets, and clamps. I'd be afraid of the clamps damaging the plastic though.

Or what are the best pieces to use a dremmel with a cutting wheel without worrying about heat melting plastic. I did a few searches, but didn't come up with much, or it was a different type of kit from mine. I'm not sure if there a different style to building various kits or not.

That was kind of a ramble of a post, apologies!

That's really personal preference. I used a #2 exacto knife nearly the whole time. Some folks will use dremels, plastic sissors and such.

For fitting, I would highly recommend the rare earth magnets (nickel sized), clamps, and blue painters tape. The clamps don't damage the plastic if you get the ones with plastic ends.  Metal on plastic will scar it up good though.

A small file set is pretty good for working on the helmet teeth. Just get a large enough hole to start with.  Or a small exacto if you have a steady hand.

You've got a lot of options on tools.

That's really personal preference. I used a #2 exacto knife nearly the whole time. Some folks will use dremels, plastic sissors and such.

For fitting, I would highly recommend the rare earth magnets (nickel sized), clamps, and blue painters tape. The clamps don't damage the plastic if you get the ones with plastic ends. Metal on plastic will scar it up good though.

A small file set is pretty good for working on the helmet teeth. Just get a large enough hole to start with. Or a small exacto if you have a steady hand.

You've got a lot of options on tools.

Cool, that's pretty helpful. I'll head out this weekend and get some magnets. I'll probably stick with an exacto knife like you did. Dremels make me nervous.

Don't use a fast speed on your Dremel when cutting, to avoid excessive melting.

Clamps magnets and tape are all very useful when assembling various parts so I recommend having all of them. Buy the plastic clamps that come in a pack. If you are in the US, Lowes sell them, if you are in Australia , Bunnings or Masters sell them.

The kicker can be found in most hobby stores that sell Zapp a gap or similar CA glues.

Other good basic tools to have are: Lexan scissors ( hoby store) buy a pair with the curved blades for tight tricky curved spots. I also use Tin snips for large straight areas, and a industrial box cutter and steel ruler for shims and cover strips, using the score and snap method. It's fast and a good straight line. Remember measure twice, cut once. Hope this sheds some light for you.