Stormtrooper Instagram page, help me make it grow!

Rawgee

If you are an Instagram user, come follow @thewhitearmor! This is a page i created to feature as most Stormtroopers as possible from the 501st/FISD, even Stormtroopers fan that only have bucket that takes cool photos and even funny pictures or toys but always Troopers related. So in the end this page will be a gold mine of Stormtroopers pictures, photos and funny stuff! If you are on Intragram post your name below, so i can follow you and use your photos to feature on the page. I always tag your name in the comment so you get the credit you deserve. :)

Rawgee

Love the enthusiasm, but I gotta say, it's not going in a great direction. 

http://i.imgur.com/kTwI6VP.jpg

This is what I'm specifically referring to. 

1st picture: I get it, Boobs+Star Wars. I'm all about it. Nothing against @force_girls, I've had friends on, hell my girlfriend was on it. But it's not what FISD needs to be represented by. It's star wars yes, but it's not TK specific nor does it follow the PG-13 rating the Legion Social Media follows.

2nd Picture: I'm all about the Star Wars shirts. I've got like 40+ graphic tees of star wars alone. But a Middle finger post? in a eFX bucket? Come on dude. Again doesn't follow the PG-13 rating the Legion Social Media follows.

3rd Picture: GOTF CEO? Cool, I love all the little Star Wars fan clubs, it's awesome what Social media can bring together. But Does FISD really need to be associated with eFX buckets and Disney troopers? I don't think so. 

I'm all for the whitearmor presence, but seriously lets try to keep it like the rest of Legion Social media, and not another Star Wars fan club posting EVERY SINGLE eFX lid.  

OP said the page was going to be posting things that are "trooper related." Up to this point, it seems like the page is running as advertised. We have what we were told we were going to have. And don't a pretty decent portion of troopers use the eFX lid anyway? Accurate or not, it's out there.

I'm a neutral party when it comes to what's being posted on there. I like what I'm seeing, but I wouldn't be opposed to change.

Edited by SolidScrafty

Love the enthusiasm, but I gotta say, it's not going in a great direction. 

In the short time the page has been up, it's already at 172 followers at the time of this post. Proof that this page may start to help spread awareness of the FISD and 501st in general. I think the direction it's headed in is good enough. But I see where you're coming from. The content could be more family-friendly, but who cares if it's not? I'm against censorship as a whole (insert U.S. First Amendment here). In the end, it's his page, and he can post what he wants. Anyone who doesn't like it doesn't have to follow it.

My $0.02

Edited by SolidScrafty

A stock (out of the box) MRCE and/or EFX PCR helmet does not meet the basic 501st requirements without the major modification that are necessary.

So, no troopers shouldn't be be wearing them.

I'm all for whatever you want to post on your personal page, but @thewhitearmor is not a personal page. It represents the Stormtrooper Detachment. More widely it represents the 501st. Popular or not, these factors need to be addressed.

You know what Derek, i agree with what you say here, this morning i was about to post a picture of a lady in underwear, sexy but classy, with a little Stormtrooper figure looking at her... And i thought, my son might see this, he's only 11, so i decided not to... Plus i agree that i don't want the 501st to be associated with mature content. Where i get confused and i mean no disrespect here is that its you that is against all this but even you stated your girlfriend @jangofettish as appeared on @force_girls and when i look at your IG profile, there is a lot of mature content with 501st hashtags... Like your girlfriend half naked with wearing parts of an armor... Again no disrespect don't get me wrong but i don't understand, your actions do not represent your words here...

@thewhitearmor is a public profile meant to regroup Stormtroopers enthusiasts wether they are disney troopers or dude who wears an eFx bucket or 501st members, personally i don't judge people because they don't have the time, knowledge or money to get into armors like we do here on FISD/501st, in the end they are all Stormtroopers enthusiasts like we are and share the same love for Star Wars, why should we turn our back on them and point fingers at them... As far as i'm concerned i don't want them to be in the 501st, if they want to i will tell them to come here and get educated on our community/movement and requirements...

In conclusion i thank you for your intervention, i will definitely manage this page carefully as i don't want it to be a source of conflict with the 501st!

Like I said to SolidScrafty, you're free to do whatever you please on your personal page. But @Thewhitearmor is not a personal page, because while it might not be your son looking at instagram, someone will be looking at the page and it will represent FISD to them. 

As far as my actions not  representing my words here, I don't know what "a lot of mature content with 501st hashtags" means to you, but you referring specifically to "girlfriend half naked with wearing parts of an armor" I've tagged pictures of her in her own Richies femtrooper armor 5 times as #501st: Twice by herself when we were building the armor, and three more times at wondercon when I was wearing my ANH AP armor, and we were at the booth. The first two, was just for building purposes, but the three at wondercon were perfectly acceptable as, I'm in uniform and we are at the booth. That was march of last year. So out of 733 posts, you think 5 posts marked #501st with my spouse is a lot of mature content, step back and look how silly that sounds.

I'm all for the page, and it really does have the ability to give us one more avenue for people. I wasn't trying to cramp on anybody for wearing eFX, but there is tons of content with troopers in great armors on IG alone, but in the end really as along as we are directing people to www.whitearmor.net, and the detachment looks good, then it's a win all around.  

This is not going anywhere, seems like you dont want to see my point... Check this out, i am a father of a sick kid, i heard that the 501st makes appearance in hospitals too give morale to the kids, i am an Instagram user so i think to myself i'll try and get in touch with a 501st member and use the #501st and see if it leads me to a member... You see where i'm going now? During my research i come across this lady in a sexy stormtrooper outfit doing a sexy pose... Viewing the profile i quickly realize she is a member so i start to think, that might not be appropriate for my kid... Would you want a girl in this outfit to come visit your kid in a hospital? How does that photo represent the 501st in a good/better way? Even if its just one photo... That was my point Derek, if you would have been the type that do not endorse this type of behavior i would have completely understand your point and it might have had a better influence on this situation, but you are doing the same in your everyday life... According to your IG profile... That's what surprised me...

Again i totally agree with your opinions/concerns and i would never want to give the 501st a bad reputation and that's why i deleted the photo of the lady grabbing her breast with a bucket on... As far as i'm concerned the guy showing the middle finger is directly linked with the t-shirt he his wearing which is total humor/funny, we are in 2014 not the 50's... I am pretty sure anyone who see's this photo can figure this one out...

Hope we are done with this, your opinions/concerns has been valuable to me and if for some reason this page goes against core values of this group i hope the administration team will contact me and i will make any changes needed and even shut it down if needed as this group is more valuable to me than an Instagram profile page... Feel free to PM me if you feel like so...

Martin

Edited by Rawgee

Your point is that because I have two/five inappropriate photos, tagged #501st on my own PERSONAL page, it makes it okay on the detachment page? That's a logical fallacy plain and simple. 

As I clearly stated above, if it was your personal page, or my personal page, I wouldn't care, because that represents you, not FISD. No one has the right to tell you what to do with your own PERSONAL page unless it breaks some rule. 

It's not about my influence or opinion on the page, because this isn't about me and You, it's between you and you representing the detachment on instagram. 

You agree with my opinion, yet you think because it's 2014 the middle finger doesn't offend anyone? Dude I get the joke, but you would never see that picture fly on the official Star Wars or 501st Social media.

What if I walked up to your kids and gave them the finger. Or cursed in front of them. Would you want that? Would it be fine if I said "It's 2014 bro, chill out"? 

If you'd like to have leadership involved then fine lets go that route. I don't think it needs to be shut down, but it needs better moderation. 

I've got a couple of questions for you though. 

What is your personal instagram handle, your TKID, and did you consult anyone from the FISD admin team before creating this page? 

Edited by DerekFett

This is my own personal page, nothing to do with whitearmor.net, mine is called The White Armor because a Stormtrooper wears a white armor...So please stop referring to it as the property of the FISD, i created it and decided that i wanted to call it The White Armor, its only an Instagram profile page, not a website promoting stuff or selling stuff in the name of the FISD...Nowhere it claimed to be affiliated with whitearmor.net. I feature members that are very happy with this page so far... This is getting very embarrassing and childish...

My personal Instagram? @rawgee, i invite you to meet my wife, and my two kids. 
My TKID? I don't have any because my armor is not complete yet.
For your last question i think i already answer that one! 

I've had enough of your arrogance and your lack of respect my young fellow, i am done!

Martin.

Then you need to make it clear on the page that it is not associated with the 501st Legion or whitearmor.net and is only a fan page, because as it stands it comes of as representing some part of those two. 

I don't know what arrogance or lack of respect you a reading, but it certainly is not my own, and I see no reason why my age has to be brought into this? 

What Derek said. You can certainly call it whitearmor, however you cannot use FISD, 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment or any other 501st branding in any way, shape, or form. You can't even say it's a place for 501st folk at all either. If there is any confusion, you can always loop in the LMBO & LPRO for clarity, as only they can say whether or not they want some disclaimer on your site.

EDIT: It's also a good chance to remind people about forum rules. We're all adults here, so let's please keep things civil.

I agree with Paul whole heartedly.  If anyone has a completely different opinion of a topic, such as this one has, please voice your opinions via PM and add me or another staff member to assist in resolving any problems.

Thanks Troopers.

Greetings, everyone, and happy new year.

This is an interesting discussion overall, as we are not owners nor guardians of the Star Wars IP, but in many ways by default we (501st) are held to a higher standard than non-members. 

There are millions of awesome and horrid licensed and non-licensed costumes and variations out there and we do not control the content nor the media that displays them. We also can't stop people from using hashtags or usernames that are similar to or make claims about the 501st and its groups, nor what the general public may find as a result of said hashtags. I have seen many people use #501st as a tag on photos that were not members and were absolutely inappropriate. We can't police that. But we can use good judgment.

What's important is that we don't represent the 501st or any of its garrisons, outposts, members, or detachments without permission from that group's PRO/staff and the Legion PRO (LPRO) and possibly even as high as LFL. Even the brochures we print to promote FISD at events technically have to have LPRO approval. So if you're showing off a photo of you at a troop in your 501st approved armor in an appropriate situation (i.e not pointing a gun at a child or holding a beer or hookah), tagging 501st is probably okay. But we who represent should never use hashtags or user names that could misrepresent 501st, LFL, Disney, and anyone else who might want to find a reason to shut us down.

Use good judgment.

Cheers!

Happy new year to you as well Ingrid! :)

Thanks to the staff for coming in, i should have known better in the first place, the page doesn't mention FISD and 501st at all anymore and i will use good judgment trust me on that, i don't see why my Facebook or my personal Instagram should be clean and not this page! That was just not me i guess i just wanted to please everyone...

Sorry and thanks again,

Martin.

Edited by Rawgee