Hello all,

My name is Zack and am in pursuit of joining the ranks of the galaxy's finest.  I currently live in Groton, CT and am a US Navy Hospital Corpsman.  I have been a big Star Wars fan since I was a child and rather recently I decide that enough was enough and I needed to buckle down to work on creating my armor.

However I do not have any experience in costuming or crafting things I am looking forward to this. I love watching shows like "Face Off" on the Sci-Fi channel and always wanted to do something like that, now's my chance. I have been looking through the resources I've found and slowly trying to figure out what all I need to do. I am very partial to the Heavy Weapons Trooper and am going to make that my first build. 

If anyone has suggestions or tips that would be greatly appreciated. I have contacted the local garrison in my area to see if I can get some assistance on that front. I look forward to meeting you guys in the near future! Thank you.

~Zack

Hi, Zack! Welcome to FISD!

HWT is awesome. There's a section somewhere down in the forums which has many details about the HWT for your reference. As for having no experience at this kind of thing (costuming/plastic armoring), well, we almost all start out that way :D

Greetings Zack, and welcome to FISD!

I'm still a newb, waiting for armor myself and have little to no experience with any of it either.  As Ingrid pointed out, you're far from alone in that situation.  Keep doing that research, and you'll be just fine!

• 2 weeks later...