James' MTK TK Armor Build

Damn, is it all strapped together? That went so fast!!  :)

However, it looks like you've set the inner rivet of the ammo knee belt at the wrong place. It should be located on the thigh bottom ridge just like the outer rivet.

Also, your left biceps seems wider than the right one which is a bit disturbing.

But you did some really good job and overall you look very good!

Hey Germain, 

Unfortunately the rivet on the sniper plate is going to be taken out all together, as I should of simply glued the sucker on there.

I noticed my left bicep was larger as well, it is a piece I believe is derived from a ROTJ tour suit, but Im going to try and make it fit me a little better!

Once again thank you so much for the input!!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone, I wanted to also make a quick post here about the left bicep.  As you can tell from the picture earlier it does seem to be a bit larger than the other.  I have set out to fix this, the first thing I did was measure the circumference and learned that each had within 1/16 the same, meaning that they were the were simply shaped differently.  Know this was pretty obvious as the left has a oval shape to it while the right had a round shape.  So my thought was simply make the left more round like the right.

So with my heat gun and alot of patience I was able to get it to a rounder state.  so it is looking better, but not 100% yet.  To be honest this is the only frustrating part that I have had so far.  But no worries I will get it all sorted out. 

Im getting ready to head out right now to purchase a mannequin to put my armor on, so hopefully a little later today youll see a pic of my new mannequin!

Thank you James on the update. I'm at the penciling in stage on mine. Would you be able to show the reshaped Bicep? I would be interested in seeing how yours came out.

Thank you

Adam

Hey Germain, 

Unfortunately the rivet on the sniper plate is going to be taken out all together, as I should of simply glued the sucker on there.

I noticed my left bicep was larger as well, it is a piece I believe is derived from a ROTJ tour suit, but Im going to try and make it fit me a little better!

Once again thank you so much for the input!!!!

I wasn't referring at the Sniper knee plate but at the Ammo knee belt. The thing localized at the bottom of the right thigh.

Here's a pic to explain what i was saying:

med_ga10.jpg

I wasn't referring at the Sniper knee plate but at the Ammo knee belt. The thing localized at the bottom of the right thigh.

Here's a pic to explain what i was saying:

med_ga10.jpg

Thank you so much for pointing this out, I had mistaken your first post!

Ill make sure to get that all fixed and sorted out!

Wow Jim, you've done great work!  I hope my MTK kit turns out as well as yours!

Thanks for the words of encouragement!  Im sure it will as I have found the kit to be pretty straightforward.  I did find that the kidney and butt plate had alot (like a ton) of extra material.  I didnt figure this out untill I tried fitting it all together and needed to take about 4 inches off the kidney on both sides to make it fit to my abb plate.

If you follows the videos MTK has and take a look at some ATA builds youll be fine!  Do you have a link to your MTK build? Id love to take a look!

Hey Everyone, I wanted to share some updates with all of you on my progress!  First of all I have gone ahead and gotten leather and all the materials for a holster and made my own.  Luckily my parents best friend own a company called C&L Letterman (large letterman jacket making company) so they gave me literally half a cow worth of leather.

Aswell I got a new mannequin.  I told everyone last week that I was going to purchase one.... well I did, I bought the least buff man that looked similar to my build.  However once I got it home I realized that he was still to buff (mainly in the arms and thighs).  So I took it back and exchanged it for a ..... female.... yeah I bought a girl, but honestly other than the super small hips and breasts it isnt to bad.  It seems to better resemble a 21 year old 5'11" 150 pound person much better than the man ones.

So as you all have been waiting for...  my armor on a female mannequin... lol

IMG_16891.jpg

Never 100% complete, but I think I meet basic garrison approval so I sent in some photos!  Keeping the fingers crossed that my GML approves me!

100% complete?  It looks great.  I'm trying to catch up!  Trimming the ears - giving me heartburn.

Just heard back from the GML, they said that they received my photos and have begun the review process.  They said they will have some feedback within a few days!  Keep your fingers crossed and wish me luck! 

Thanks everyone, I want to go EIB however I have a rivet in my sniper knee plate..... I think thats the only real issue I might have....   I had wasnt able to get the abs paste stuff to work when I tried it on a test piece of material, so im hesitant to take apart mine and try it.  I might be looking for a new sniper knee plate..... :(