James' MTK TK Armor Build

Just depends on what acetone you use, I tried several before I found one that worked really well.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I glued a bit of scrap to the back of the plate, then hit the whole thing with E6000.  So far, it's holding pretty well, but there are certainly bits that pulled apart once I removed the clamps and magnets.

I had to heat bend my knee plate considerably. Bending the two triangle side pieces inward, as well as altering the angle of both, until it fit well enough and I knew there would not be too much tension on the glue. Use a lot of clamps and wait the full 72 hours to dry. Evaluate, and add glue if needed.

Or I could send you another kneeplate if your willing to pay shipping...

Mike, you come to the rescue.  I will probably hit you up here in the next day or so, Im going to try and get the abs paste stuff to work.  But if it doesnt again, Ill shoot you an email!  Seriously everyone Trooperbay is spectacular!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey James - had my first experience with ABS paste this weekend, it worked out pretty well. Just go to the drugstore and grab 100% Acetone nail polish remover (the less ingredients, the better). I used shavings from my ears and a few small bits, probably a teaspoon-full in a skinny glass jar. Just barely covered the shavings, and in two hours or so I had ABS paste ready.

Check out my build thread for the results on the back of the thigh:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26157-tk-build-mtk/?p=333469

• 4 weeks later...

Wanted to post here really quick!  I had my first troop this past weekend.  Spend about 4 or so hours in the armor and not a single problem.  No broken parts, no armor bite, or anything else. I am quite happy with how my TK came out!

IMAG0917_BURST005_zpsef63cd3e.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...