Haribon72's ANH Stormtrooper NE Hero Build

Haribon72

HI Andrew!  Thank you so much!      Diana's build is awesome.   We had "one" armor party together.    Hopefully in 2015, Diana (and JoJo) can get together again and finish my build.

Updates:

1. New pictures are up!   

2. Worked on the AB buttons (done) and thermal detonator (work in progress).

3. It feels good to back on the build because as i'm working on my armor at the dinner table, the wife is knitting in the living room.

IMG_2678.JPGIMG_2684.JPGIMG_2679.JPGIMG_2700.JPGIMG_2712.JPG

Edited by Haribon72

Glad to hear it's moving on again!

About the ab button plates, something you should consider modifying before gluing them is to square the angles. They aren't supposed to be rounded as you can see on the picture below:

med_gallery_12157_16_28564.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Updates:

1. Paul doesn't make Hero ears anymore.  So i'm still on the hunt for a set of Hero ears (three bumps).

2. Bi-ceps are rebuilt.   Worked on the straps this weekend.

3. Ab button plates are squared off and done.

4. Thermal detonator is done. 

5. Purchased ICOMM, amp, and extra microphone (thank you Chadd).

6. Next weekend, I work on the thighs and attach them to Vader Dave thigh straps assembly. 

7. Purchased green bubble lens this evening (thank you Michael).

ATA does 3 bump ears, you may be able to get a set from him.

Coming along nicely, won't be long now :D

Walter, so thrilled you are working on your build again!  Finally!  You are so close to being done!  Just raided my spare parts bin in the garage because I have a whole bunch of extra ears, but they are all stunt ears.  Let me know if you need anything else to get your build done.  We have so many spare everythings left over from our build.  

• Like 1

Diana, I might need your help soon!     Mostly with test fitting now and fine tuning.    Most of the work is done but I feel like the Tin Man from Wizard of Oz.    So many areas that need to be cut and trimmed for comfort while trooping.  I'll let you know!

Updates for today . . . 

I finally got the ATA Hero Ears!!!    Thank you ATA!!!

And I also got the green bubble lens for ANH Hero!!!  Thank you Michael!!!

Now I can't wait to start the and finish the ANH Hero helmet   :smiley-sw013:

IMG_3338.JPGIMG_3339.JPGIMG_3341.JPGIMG_3342.JPGIMG_3347.JPGIMG_3348.JPGIMG_3349.JPG

Awesome!  Love those lenses!  So, here's an obvious question, why were they ever different on the stunt vs. hero helmet anyway?  These would seem to be a better design and more durable.  Was it a question of cost, convenience, materials?  Anyone know?  (Silly question.  Of course someone knows.)

Awesome!  Love those lenses!  So, here's an obvious question, why were they ever different on the stunt vs. hero helmet anyway?  These would seem to be a better design and more durable.  Was it a question of cost, convenience, materials?  Anyone know?  (Silly question.  Of course someone knows.)

After around 50 helmets and pairs of ears were cast for the Stunts, the molds were quite worn and damaged, so for the Hero casts, which took place after the Stunts, the molds were softer and had lost some details. That explains the missing teeth and ear bump, and the slightly different overall shape.

About the lenses, as the Hero helmets were made for close-up shots, i guess they thought the bubble style had a more SF feeling.

"SF" stands for Sci-Fi ;)

About the vision, i heard some bubble lenses were distording a lot what you see (like seeing through the bottom of a bottle) and some others not that much. I guess it depends on how bubbled they are and if, once installed in your helmet, your eyes sit in front of a flat or bubbled section of the lenses.

Alright Walter, you hear that?  You need to get these lenses to sit properly, or you're going to be looking through a Coke bottle everytime you put on your bucket.  I was simply curious about the durability of the lenses.  I managed to scratch mine already, and will be replacing mine soon.  Was just wondering if they switched over to this type because they were more durable, but I guess it was just done for "the look."  Thanks as always, Germain, for indulging my endless curiosity.

You're welcome Diana.

Do the scratches on your lenses bother you? I know mine are quite scratched but but once the helmet is on it's not that much bothering. Actually i don't even notice them.

And Walter, i'm looking forward to see that Hero helmet completed. Did you get a faceplate with six teeth instead of eight? Or did you iron the last teeth on one of your Stunt faceplate?

• Like 1

Hi Germain,

Yes, actually they do.  I was having a problem with fogging for a while and used an anti-fog solution which turned out to be too abrasive.  Bad move.  The scratches don't bother me during the day, but we've actually been doing quite a bit of night stuff lately and at night the scratches have a total starburst effect.  

Hey Walter,

Looking forward to seeing that completed helmet, too.  I'm around this weekend if you want to work together on your armor.  I have some maintenance stuff I need to do on my armor this weekend and will be working on it while Joe is surfing.  Just send me a PM once you know your schedule.

• Like 1

HI Germain, I will be using the NE helmet that came with the kit to make it Hero.  I will create the six teeth and mold out the rest.

Yes, the bubble lenses are pretty cool - it gives you a fish eye effect.  Not to bad, but pretty cool. 

HI Diana, I'll message you!  =)

• 1 month later...

How I installed my green bubble lenses

IMG_4079.JPGIMG_4080.JPGIMG_4085.JPG

1. I used black clips that I had around the garage for the top.

2. I used a black plastic coat hanger as the screw studs.

3. Drilled holes on the studs and lenses.

4. Installed with very small machine screws.

5. The black clips and studs were Krazy glued to the helmet.  No melt nor burn marks.

I used Krazy Glue to attach my hand plates to my rubber gloves.   Everything was from Trooperbay.com

IMG_4044.JPGIMG_4045.JPGIMG_4046.JPGIMG_4048.JPG

1. I used rubbing alcohol to clean the surface areas of the gloves and bottom of the hand plates.

2. Put on one glove first and test fit the area (so you know where to land it).

3. Applied Krazy glue to the bottom of the hand plates.  Do it quickly because it dries fast.

4. Slap the hand plate to your glove and hold it down for five minutes.

5. I had some areas that didn't seal well, so I just brush on more Krazy Glue and its Done!

Edited by Haribon72

If you have broad shoulders and muscles on your deltoids, here's how I widen the shoulder bells. 

IMG_4075.JPGIMG_4076.JPGIMG_4077.JPG

1. I used a large mixing bowl and my heat gun.

2. Applied puressure down on the shoulder bell and gently heated up.

3. It took practice and patience to widen up the bell and form it to my shoulder area.  It took about five tries until I formed it just right.

4. Put you heat gun on low setting and heating up until the shoulder bell is almost hot (not toooooo hot!).

Just a side-by-side comparison of my helmets.

Left: NE Hero Helmet

Middle:  RT-Mod Stunt Helmet

Right:  Scootch Stunt Helmet

IMG_4140.JPGIMG_4141.JPGIMG_4142.JPGIMG_4143.JPG

Edited by Haribon72