how to get your boots from popping out

hi i have got some cheap boots and painted them white but they just dont seem to want to stay under my shin armor and want to pop out when i walk. they seem to be a little lower than usual chelsea boots so this might be the cause any help would be amazing!!\

D77FFB28-F1FD-48BC-BC76-BA3585407131-12560-000013DE5C9CD748_zpsbf870221.thumb.jpg.d2c651cc44238b95076ab7839dd6e78d.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Hi Josh!

Sorry to say that, but your boots are far from beeing accurate.

Real chelsea boots would be much better, cause your seam at the side looks weird and the u-shaped section just doesn´t look right and ends too far up.

For your problem I have seen this solution: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/9164-tip-boots-poppin-out-of-the-shin-pieces-my-fix/

Unfortunately you need real chelsea boots for this method.

Good luck!

Edited by Minuteman

the best method I have found is - I took 1 inch wide elastic about 10 inches length. I attached a small square of ABS (1 x 1 inch) to the elastic with a rivet, on each end of the elastic. then E6000 glue the abs squares inside the calf pieces forming a U shapped "stirrup", so that the bottom of the U is just at the opening to the ankle. I put my leg into the stirrup while holding the back of the calf open, then slide into the boot. There is enough stretch and tension with the elastic to keep it down very tight.

I agree that your boots are not completely accurate, and would not qualify you for advanced status like EIB  -  but they should be fine for general 501st approval IMO.

• 1 month later...

Drumming this one up - my shins pop over my Lands End boots really easily.  Trying to decide which method is going to work best here, as my shins pop over the front AND back quite easily.

I'm thinking the snap on the back edge might work to keep it down, but the elastic stirrup sounds like it may be the way to go for me.  Any experience on actual troops with each style?

• 4 weeks later...

I simply use a bit of industrial strength velcro hook on the inside of the front of my boots which attaches to some velcro loop on the inside front of my shins.

Stops the shins raising and twisting :)

Had no problem at all trooping with this over the last couple of years.

Edited by Digit33

• 10 months later...

Drumming this one up - my shins pop over my Lands End boots really easily.  Trying to decide which method is going to work best here, as my shins pop over the front AND back quite easily.

I'm thinking the snap on the back edge might work to keep it down, but the elastic stirrup sounds like it may be the way to go for me.  Any experience on actual troops with each style?

I have the same issue with my shins. I have tried the snap option but even the snaps come undone and during things that require a lot of walking I have blisters where the snap rubs the leg. I was thinking of doing the stirup option next.