Fans up, fans down?

I've been checking out the fan kits and I see some folks have them shooting down from the brim, and others shooting up from the chin.  Anyone used both methods, and decide which they liked better?  

For some reason, I'm thinking I'd rather have them shooting downward toward the neck rather than up top.  

But maybe it's better to keep the top of the head cool?

I have Echo's Fan System, so the fans are blowing up. I prefer that way because the air will flow around the inside of the whole bucket, not just my throat, and at the same time It will also allow me to breathe better. I believe the other way, directly to the neck/chin or shooting down, the air wouldn't even reach my nostrils properly and I'd get a soar throat faster than I could breathe (lol), but that's my take on it... I really can't handle close and hot environments, so I need to feel the air straight in my face/nose. 

Echo's fan system has 2 fans but I've been using only one, since I find the air moves pretty good inside the helmet, at least during this time of the year. Still need to test it during the hot summer time. But yeah, fan shooting up is my choice!

Same here, bottom pointing up, nice fresh cool air makes trooping so much more enjoyable :D

Interesting looks like there's a consensus!  Thanks all, I think I'll hit up Echo for one of those kits.

I was thinking along the lines of my motorcycle helmets and how the vents are always up in the top blowing over the top of the head.  But the Arai was definitely warmer than the Scorpion - the Scorpion had considerably more space below the chin for air to get in.  So I guess it makes sense...

The difference here is that we're not riding bikes with these helmets (or at least we shouldn't lol), well not counting the scouts :laugh1: , so there's no sort of air/wind blowing into the helmet. But yeah, makes sense asking if one usually wears a bike helmet. :)

Keep frosty!  :dancing-trooper: 

• 2 months later...

Another point is that there's more room for fan placement on the lower sides of the helmet than above. You would need slim fans to attach them elsewhere.

The Echo system is neat, but I found my room is pretty limited inside the helmet, so I've decided to make my own slim kits.