Sign in to follow this  
bzb

Hello from Atlanta!

Hey all - I've been lurking and reading and getting excited for many, many years, being in Atlanta and seeing the 501st many times at Dragon*Con, around Atlanta-area Star Wars events, and even at Star Wars Weekends.  I think I'm finally ready to make the jump into getting my own armor and helping out!

I e-mailed the address I found for ATA yesterday for a quote - hoping he gets back to me soon.  

I am not expecting to be able to do any trooping until late spring or maybe even summer, but I'd love to be able to participate in some events once the new movies start rolling - so the sooner I get some experience, the better!

I haven't done any models in a long time, but I've been a pretty proficient woodworker for the past 6 years - building many pieces of furniture and all my speaker cabinets for my DJ/AV business.  Hopefully the lessons in patience I learned from all of that will be helpful in the coming months.

Thanks for all the support on these forums - I'm sure I'll be back on asking many, many questions.  

(And just FYI - The photo of my avatar is my 4-year old daughter beating up Vader a bit.)

- Bobby

Edited by bzb

I have not yet!  I was under the impression that I would need to suit up before joining.  Thinking of pulling the trigger on a MTK kit.

Greetings and welcome aboard!! :salute:

As I understand it you can join the Garrison prior to approval.  You would not be an "Official" member but you could begin connecting with other members of the Garrison.

Good luck on your journey!

Thanks everyone - looking forward to a build and getting to trooping with many of you!