My daughter's TK Commander

Some of you may have seen her being featured on the 501st Legion Facebook page last Friday, which made me super proud by the way. But I figured I'd show my 4 yo daughter's new armor here as well.

She enrolled in the Galactic Academy as CTK-0722, her armor was the second pull from Walt's kids armor that he sold not long ago.

Oh, and please don't stare yourself blind on her left leg in the second picture, she was standing with her feet inward, creating an odd angle and I tried to keep the armor bigger so she could grow into it, so she has some wiggle room every where (some extra foam will probably help, it's on the to-do list - plus I probably tightened that shin a bit too much in the back when that picture was taken) :)

1412554_206253729559964_1078027457_o.png

1491738_10152073981589752_713285022_n.jp

Man that is awesome! I have started work on my 5 year olds TD. It is more fun than building for myself. She looks fantastic, you should be proud. Here is the start to our little project.

post-17254-0-21934600-1387245222_thumb.jpg

Edited by tightlines

It's not often that I receive applications from cadets with such amazing costumes.  Nice job CTK-0722!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the great comments, guys. It was a blast creating this armor for her, so many challenges compared to the big suits, though. Like trying to find certain soft parts in her size, or sizing the armor in such a way that it fits her now, but also months from now.

On her first day of trooping, she even reached the local 10pm news lol. We had a Toys for Tots event that was covered by them and she took a lot of the attention away from our 501st troopers lol.. yes, one proud dad here :D

Thanks for all the great comments, guys. It was a blast creating this armor for her, so many challenges compared to the big suits, though. Like trying to find certain soft parts in her size, or sizing the armor in such a way that it fits her now, but also months from now.

On her first day of trooping, she even reached the local 10pm news lol. We had a Toys for Tots event that was covered by them and she took a lot of the attention away from our 501st troopers lol.. yes, one proud dad here :D

wow!!!!! Can you post the vid??

Hi Jeroen. I was wondering what you used for boots for your daughter? I am working on the little TD for my son and that has been difficult finding anything remotely accurate.

At the moment I went with white sneakers that actually had pink stripes on it, which made kind of sense with the TKC armor. I do not yet have accurate boots for her but I did find several sellers on Amazon who sell the correct boots, but in different colors. All it would require is to repaint them :)

wow!!!!! Can you post the vid??

There is a video on facebook but when I tried downloading it a bit earlier, I ran into problems due to its privacy settings. I'll ask the guy who uploaded if he can change the privacy settings so I can download it and share it :)