A message from the new guy.

SuperTrooper

First off a big thanks goes out to Nathan and James for running a clean and straightforward election, and Paul for overseeing that he process went smoothly.

I also want to thank the detachment members for having the confidence in me to take the helm of this great branch of the 501st.

Just a few things I’m looking forward to in the next year. A huge reference section that will boggle the mind, I’ve already started collecting HD screen caps and behind the scenes references to kick start the project. I’d like to see the website portion of the detachment get expanded and let our elite brother be showcased to the masses. For the forum, I just want it to continue to grow as a place of learning for all, from troopers in training to the most veteran among us.

The 2008 command staff is a combination of the veteran leadership with some new faces as well.

-Paul Hoeffer, TK-8020 as XO. Paul returns to the command staff after a six-month leave of absence. It will be a great honor to have the FISD founder back on staff. Paul has been a long time advocate of high costuming standards for all costumes in the Legion.

-Bernard Cushing TK-8280 is the new sergeant-at-arms. Everyone here knows him and over the last year plus I’ve come to greatly value his opinion. He truly embodies what the FISD is all about

-Scott Magerfleisch TK-4149 as Deployment Officer. Scott has done an outstanding job as deployment officer and has agreed to continue in that role. Scott’s insight in helping troopers attain elite status regardless of armor kit budget has been priceless to the many members here. Scott was the first FX elite trooper showing how great this armor can look with a bit of time and effort, and is an inspiration to elite-in-training troops everywhere.

- I’m proud to announce a new position: FISD Merchandise Officer and Coordinator. The Merchandise Officer must approve any and all detachment merchandise before it can be submitted to the LMBO. Because there was no merchandise position before, we have two pillars of the community both involved in merchandise projects for the FISD. As an interim appointment I’m appointing Edward DaSilva TK-4878 as Merchandise Officer, and Wyatt Stephens TK-4205 as Merchandise Coordinator.

I also want to thank the FISD site admin team, Paul Hoeffer , Gregory Mortensen, and Chris Romines for keeping this place running. I don’t know web programming or forum maintenance, and without these guys this place wouldn’t be possible (at least for me).

We are always looking for ideas and suggestions. I have an open door policy for suggestions and feedback.

Now lets have a great year, and get trooping.

Terrell

Congratulations again Terrell! A fantastic team for sure and I think the creation of merchandising positions is one that is sorely needed. Congrats to the staff too - should be the best year FISD has had yet.

CONGRATULATIONS TERRELL!!!

sorry I have to use my favorite smilies....

dj.gifbow28.gif

lol congratulations my friend =) Your wealth of knowledge and willingness to help others will only make the FISD a more valued resource and community than it already is.

Scott

Congrats on your new commission, Terrell :salute:

It's great to see the continuation of excellent leadership in our humble little detachment. :trooper:

And thanks to the "ancient ones," Paul and Ed, for their willingness to continue to contribute to the FISD in a significant way! :duim:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...