Big brown box has arrived!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking good, personally I would sand a little more off the fronts of the ears at the topsĀ to allow the gaps on the bottoms to close slightly more.

About the right ear, i would trim more at the back of the curved section. This way it should allow you to close the front when pressing the ear against the helmet.

About the left one, IMO the only way to close the gap would be to drop the ear a little lower (like your right one BTW).

Ā 

Ā 

But as they are now, i think you did a pretty good job :)Ā ! NE ears seem to be really bad to fit properly.

Edited by The5thHorseman

Yup! haha! So here's the final result of the neckseal, again thanks for the idea and detailed photos on your build Peter! At first i wanted to make it velcro closing but zipper is way better ;)

DSC_0429.jpgĀ DSC_0440.jpgĀ DSC_0442.jpg

Finally received my rivets from Echo so i fixed the knee ammo pack:

DSC_0421.jpgĀ DSC_0423.jpg

DSC_0422.jpgĀ DSC_0424.jpg

Ā 

I've started to cut some 1,5 x 1,5 inch square for the snaps but i paused that... Really considering doing a harness like Pandatrooper... I'll sleep on that so more to follow tomorrow...

DSC_0420.jpg

And like i said in a previous post, i re-used an inside liner of an old atv helmet to put inside this one. I've stick some velcro on top of the liner and inside the helmet so it doesn't move and put two pieces of foam on both side to make it more tight inside so i don't look like a bobblehead when i move my head. ;) It works like a charm, really comfy, i love it, on the plus side, it can be removed and washed in a washing machine! Ā (a picture is worth a thousand words)

DSC_0446.jpgĀ DSC_0448.jpgĀ DSC_0449.jpg
Ā 

Edited by Rawgee

Wow, nice job on the neck seal.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Ā 

Thanks Eric! :)

Ā 

Just finished the paint on my helmet. My biggest advice to newcomers that are reading this, if you want to use trooperbay's template or any other template, fine, but make sure it is properly stuck to the surface with no air bubbles and then use a good amount of paint, not too much but enough that you just have to do one pass, as soon as your done, remove the sticker immediately, don't let it dry! Otherwise get ready to do some cleaning around the design...Ā 

Ā 

Here's the results:

Ā 

Make sure to give it a white coat first:

DSC_0454.jpg

Ā 

Front view: Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Right Side:

DSC_0465.jpgDSC_0464.jpg

Ā 

Left side: Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Rear view:

DSC_0462.jpgDSC_0463.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, appreciate the nice comments! Its coming along nicely, i am almost done, a few tweaks here and there on the fitting, i should be done in a few days, i'm doing a Jawa costume for my son at the same time :PĀ 

Thanks guys, appreciate the nice comments! Its coming along nicely, i am almost done, a few tweaks here and there on the fitting, i should be done in a few days, i'm doing a Jawa costume for my son at the same time :P

Looking forward to seeing the completed suit. Hurry up & get yourself approved! :lol:

(Be sure to post pics of your son's Jawa costume.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Testors/Model Master

Ā 

- Gloss Black 1147

- Semi Gloss Black 2740

- French Blue 2715

- Blue Angel 1772 (Do i need that? I have seen some have French blue on buttons and on stripes as well...)

- Gloss Gray 1138

- Gloss White 1145 (For touch up)

Ā 

Vocoder and mic tips first coat:

DSC_0340.jpgDSC_0341.jpg

Ā 

What did you use for mic tips? Semi or full gloss black?

Ā 

Thanks for the help!

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk