Scared my armor won't fit me right when it comes in.

• 2 weeks later...

Very easy to find with a bit of research here...

738e5310.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks, I appreciate that. Paint ordered. The rest of the gear will be here Wednesday. Also, would it look weird if I pained my boots? Some of the white got chipped off.

Ā 

Very easy to find with a bit of research here...

738e5310.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks, I appreciate that. Paint ordered. The rest of the gear will be here Wednesday. Also, would it look weird if I pained my boots? Some of the white got chipped off.

Ā 

I left my boots with paint chipped off so it looks a little scuffed. Haven't repainted it yet. I like that look. :)

------------

Ā 

This is me suited up without the boots on! After receiving the new shin/thigh pieces I still feel like they are too big. Is there a foam/filling you guys would recommend me using to keep them in place?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

RS really looks amazing!

About the foam, there's no particular type recommended, just use what you can find.

Ā 

The thighs and shins look pretty fitted to me. The only pieces which look too wide are the biceps IMO. And i think you still need to touch up your ab buttons.

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Thank you! I don't like the gap between the thigh and shin pieces. One of the blue button's paint got chipped off so I'm repainting it. I have the correct paint sitting next to me. Going to make the foam searching and paint touch up my weekend project. My gloves keep poking out of my wrist armor too lol.

Ā 

On 2/14/2014 at 7:59 PM, The5thHorseman said:

RS really looks amazing!

About the foam, there's no particular type recommended, just use what you can find.

Ā 

The thighs and shins look pretty fitted to me. The only pieces which look too wide are the biceps IMO. And i think you still need to touch up your ab buttons.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I think that you're looking pretty good there, Gary.

Ā 

As Germain said, the biceps are the only pieces that draw attention to themselves because of the current fit, and I do see what you're getting at with the thigh/shin gap.

Ā 

Can you snap a picture of the Sniper plate's attachment area? I'm no expert yet, but it does look (from the full armor picture) as if the sniper plate might be mounted a bit lower than it should be. If that IS the case, moving it up to the ridge line on the greave will close that gap up somewhat.

Ā 

Anyone else see what I'm getting at, or am I seriously off-base here? I don't want to steer you wrong Gary. It is an observation - but I don't have armor yet, and haven't built any so I'd prefer someone else confirm or crush the notion that I've proposed. :D

• 3 months later...

I recently finished my scout trooper suit.Ā  Just a couple nips and tucks and I will be submitting for approval.Ā  With the scout trooper the armor pieces were super easy.Ā The soft parts on the other hand were the difficult ones to make sure were screen accurate (mostly the boots and gloves).

Ā 

Stormtrooper seems to be the exact opposite.

A few months ago I was close to purchasing an ATA kit but with my TB build going I shied away from taking on that amount of work.

Ā 

Now that TB is basically done I'm back to focusing on my TK build.Ā 

Ā 

I live in the US so someĀ vendors are out for me given they wont ship here.

I think I've narrowed it down to RS and AP.

Ā 

For me cost isn't the issue its purely about size.

Ā 

I'm 5'9 and 160-170lbs.Ā 

Ā 

Anyone in my size range have good or bad luck with these two suits?

...also given my size I don't think I can go with eFXĀ helmet...I don't want to be known as TK-Bobblehead.

Ā 

P.S.

I'm not opposed to light/moderate modification (the ATA kitĀ just seemed like more of a project than I would have time for given work, life, etc..lol)

Hey guys newbie here. I'm a big guy 6'1" 300 lbs and I'm looking into the AM armor. can anybody give me some advice about what to expect build wise? I have two left hands and so I'm very worried about building it myself. And do you think this armor is a good idea for someone my size?