Scared my armor won't fit me right when it comes in.

I think the average height for a stormtrooper is what 5'10? I'm around 6'1 - 6'2 and I weigh roughly around 150. I'm pretty thin and tall haha. I ordered my armor from RS PROP Masters the PVC version. Do we have any tall troopers here that can reassure me that I won't look funky? Hahaha

Hi Gary,

I'm about 6'2. Don't have a RS (yet) but it should fit you nicely! Did you go for the kit or fully build? Sometimes fully build needs some tweeking.

Hey! Thank you for the fast response! :D I went for a fully built kit because I'm too scared that I will mess it up if I built it myself lol. I sent them all my measurements + some other measurements that they didn't have on their size chart. So fingers crossed that I won't have to tweak it too much.

From what i understand you will still have minor tweeks here and there that will need to be done. Like side gap shims potentially.

My RS Propmaster came in today while i was leaving for work I'm sure ill be getting an annoyed phone call from the girlfriend later about why there is a huge box in the living room (i have no more room in the man cave and have stated branching out into common rooms)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you weight 150lbs you won't need side shims unless all you lbs are located around your waist! On the contrary, the sides might overlap each other but it's not an issue.

I'm sure the armor will fit you :) , even if as you won't build it, it certainly won't be perfect. 

And you can still look at the EIB and Centurion applications to see the fit of the RS on different people. In general, they all give their height and weight.

You will be fine!  :D  RS Props will make sure it is a good fit.

I went through (3) version of the calfs in order to get them right and improve the overall comfort.  Rob at RS Props was prompt with the new versions and the armor set came together seamlessly.

Take care!

Thank you for all the replies guys haha. I don't have weight anywhere on my body :(. Everybody that sees me throws cheeseburgers at me lol.

Kylebeagle, did you buy your kit pre-built? If so how long did it take for them to ship it to you? They told me about 5 weeks and I'm currently on week 2. This waiting game is killing me :x

Edited by killuchen

look at it this way.  it would have taken you longer than 5 weeks to build it. and it won't arrive with any mistakes of any kind!

Awe man.. I'm placing my order with RS today, and I told them to skip the assembly,  now I'm rethinking that choice.   I knew I shouldn't have logged in today ;) .   

I'm 6" and wear ATA, I have a little more gap around my knees and thighs but apart from that everything fits nicely. Don't worry too much you can adjust where needed to suit your frame :D

Awe man.. I'm placing my order with RS today, and I told them to skip the assembly,  now I'm rethinking that choice.   I knew I shouldn't have logged in today ;) .   

You'll learn a lot from your build and you'll have lots of fun doing it.  I loved assembling my armor even though it did take longer.

I think the average height for a stormtrooper is what 5'10? I'm around 6'1 - 6'2 and I weigh roughly around 150. I'm pretty thin and tall haha. I ordered my armor from RS PROP Masters the PVC version. Do we have any tall troopers here that can reassure me that I won't look funky? Hahaha

I'm sure you'll look fine. I'm not quite as tall, but just as thin, and I like the way my armor looks on me. When I look at pics of troops I've been on, it seems like when I'm standing next to troopers who weigh a little more than I do, it's hard to tell much of a difference. I think the armor helps us blend together a bit.  I'm not saying you can't tell the difference between a larger trooper and a skinny one, but the difference isn't always as great as you might expect.

My RS armor just arrived today... I too got it in PVC and built for me. It looks awesome! I am 6'2" about 165. I only got a chance to mess with it a little before I had to go to work. From what I can tell, the only challenge for me is the knee gaps. I am optimistic I can figure something out so it doesn't look all wonky. I don't think it will be too bad.

Mine took about a month.... they are pretty fast! I got suited up for the first time this morning and for the most part the armor fits great! The legs ended up not being as much an issue as I thought. The arm pieces are a little big and will need a little work. I'm coming up with a solution and should have it figured out. I think I might add a piece of padding inside the bicep piece so it doesnt's move around as much and I think it will still look okay. I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

So, I've received everything except the neckseal/under suit  and my e-11 blaster. I kinda tried everything on bare and I'm really worried that my bicep/wrist piece is too big for me. When I put them on it just slides off. Should I be worried or should I wait till my under suit comes in first?

You could use a longsleeve shirt (not to thick) and try again. This will give you an idea of how it will fit with undersuit.

Also u can use padding foam inside to prevent sliding.

Do you perhaps have some pictures, so we can see how it fits you? 

I have a little bit of padding on the inside of my forearm  to keep it from wobbling around too much. Underarmor or an long-sleeve shirt will make a difference to the fit though, so it'd be great to see what it looks like with a layer on underneath the armor.

I tried some of the pieces the other day and some pieces are definitely to big on me. I talked to Rob from RS and they are going to send me replacements. Here are some pics. I am still missing my undersuit/blaster and neck seal from them.

s73SHNL.jpg

oORwdNH.jpg

aPaAKsF.jpg

5TQBf2k.jpg

kW73ssu.jpg

IMO the fit of the torso looks good. But indeed, arms and biceps seem kind of wide.

But someone should really tell RS how to assemble a belt! I mean, they have (had?) an original one but on their belts the drop boxes are always misaligned and the end caps always misplaced...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...