Split rivets

Tolo

Hello Troops, 

I've manage to get some split rivets and I was wondering if they are good for my armor (to replace my paper clips :wacko:  ).

Thanks, 

Eric

[qFbZM3q.jpg

8eC7jpn.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

The head size looks good. The shaft length may be a little short to fasten through the armor, elastic and washer. Otherwise if you can get them to work, they match the intent of original detail... At least for the painted ones on the ab/kidney. The crotch one for those of us OCD types is generally agreed was brass and unpainted per still photos of original suits.

I'm not fluent in converting imperial measurements in my head, but visually it seems fine. Although I am of the opinion that all split rivets were brass, not just the crotch.
As you can see from the inside of this armour, there is a brass split rivet (and brass washer) visible:

gallery_12157_16_24471.jpg

Oh ya, I didn't mean to imply only the crotch was brass. I agree all of them were brass. I only meant that since the crotch one is unpainted that to be uber faithful to the look of the suits from the exterior, then a brass one should be used. Since the others are painted white, nickel plated splits can work to still achieve the aesthetics.

I have brass rivets that I have got from Echo, but I drop some and lost them in the garage loll. So my crotch has a brass one. But the painted side one are still paper clips.

Mathias, they are 8mm

Eric

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk