ANH Hero lid, with interchangable lenses?

jannick

Hey FISD!

I have ordered a TK from TM. After 3-4 hours of staring at two helmets on a screen, I finally decided, that I wanted the Hero.

But then it hit me, that the bubble-lenses, although cool looking, might not provide the greatest view...

After extensive research, on google and the forums, I came up with nothing, on this matter.

So now I ask, would it be possible, to make a Hero helmet, with interchangeable lenses?

Am I dreaming? Is it idiotic? Is there an easy solution?

All ideas, feedback, and opinions, are more than welcome!

-Jannick.

Like Soren said Paul will answer any question/doubt you might have. He's been working on a ANH Hero helmet for me and could not be happier with how he answered my questions. Curiously that's one topic that never crossed my mind, but I never saw someone with interchangeable lenses, besides being a little big odd why someone would want to constantly change lenses... but that's me... The only thing I ever heard was people saying it's easier to troop with a stunt than a hero, but I think it's just silly! lol

My personal experience with bubble lenses is...it depends. My old FX ones gave me a huge headache and I hated them. OTOH, Mike Appling (MTK) did a TE2 hero helmet for me and had some custom made bubble lenses that were extremely easy to see out of with no strain.

If you are concerned, then simply ask that the lenses be not permanently affixed, and you can then swap them out as you so choose.

My $.02...

I found that bubble lenses if done with a flat spot right in front of the eye, reduces the eye strain.

also found that if you look at the reflections in the lens you get an expanded view... it's hard to explain...

if you've ever had to wear goggles at work you know what I mean.

First off, congrats on getting a TM suit!  I have one and you will not be disappointed. I had bubble lens with my old FX bucket and had to take them out because all of the distortion made my eyes ache.  I put in flat lens and problem solved. Personally, I like the flat lens look over the bubble lens.  Nothing personal against any of the ANH Hero TK's out there :D

For sure contact Paul with any questions about the suit.  Better to do that now than after your receive the suit.

If you get a an ANH Hero helmet you are supposed to use bubble lenses and not flat, so interchanging them would be "wrong". But of course, you do as you want. Just keep it in mind.

Yeah I know they're aren't accurate with flat lenses. That's why I wanted to see, if anyone have had luck with interchangeable. But I guess it's a little far fetched...

But after spending another hour looking at the lids, I'm in doubt again... So I'll probably end up taking the stunt. :)

Edited by jannick

I often wonder how each person decides to go stunt or hero. Is it just because of lenses, holster and/or the options of wearing/using the SE-14R and/or Grappling Hook/Comlink or because the movies itself and the fact that, for the hero version, you had Han and Luke wearing a TK suit...