Powerbank to Power Fans

I'm using a battery pack from remote control cars, nice and flat and lasts a lot longer than the 9v batteries

I'm using a battery pack from remote control cars, nice and flat and lasts a lot longer than the 9v batteries

same for me. I can easily get 5 hours of fan in the same footprint as a single 9v

This is what i have, the black rod fits nice in the helmet, i have 2 of this.

The silver one can also be used...i have not tested how long they last, but will do this weekend

How many volts is the 1st one? And how do you charge it?

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

On 11/29/2013 at 7:02 AM, Tolo said:

Can I see what it looks like, if you don't mind?

Here it is. What you see is the 12v fan. Battery is about 3cell 1000mah 11.4v. It's wired Through a 3 position switch which allows for full battery power, off and a voltage regulator to step it down to 5v for those troops that don't require as much cooling of ventilation.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Wow Clamps, this looks good!!!

I need to get something like that!

But hiw did you connect it to your fan?

if you want to just connect it directly, you can purchase a connector that fits your battery (the RC store where I bought the battery sold me the male connector). Wire that to your fan and it is instant on when you connect the two. OR you can wire in a switch, again pretty straight forward. The complicate step is adding in the three way switch that allows full power or 5V step-down, that took a little finessing and help from a friend with more skill than I have. He gutted a car USB charger for the circuitry and voila 5V option. This way it is not over draining the battery using resistors. 

How many volts is the 1st one? And how do you charge it?

Thanks!!

The first one has capacity of 2500mAh, dc output of 5.0v, however its powering my 12v fan just fine, and good enough not as powerful as the lithium battery pack i have

But i will test this, and if it works, it keeps the helmet lighter

And you can charge it on your laptop USB port, or any usb port

Edited by Hawkeye