SDS (Shepperton Design Studio) E-11 Blaster photo report

Ales

Hello troopers! Just want to make a topic with AA's E-11 blaster product overview, as I didn't find a lot information about this blaster in the internet. Recently I've ordered this item to see how much is this "authentic replica" in reality. And to see how much changes need to make it closer to our requirements. Also this should help to anyone who want purchase this blaster. So see the detailed photo of this blaster and make comments please.

Blaster arrive in good shock resistant box (which was packed in additional cartoon) with hard foam liner:

66000_original.jpg

66182_original.jpg

So don't worry about postage safety.

The stand is three pieces construction. The unique serial number is just printed on small self-glue paper and sticked to place (also with the hengstler counter). But may be this is good for me to remove it and place my future TK number :)

66469_original.jpg

67953_original.jpg

66561_original.jpg

67051_original.jpg

67083_original.jpg67439_original.jpg

Some parts are plastic, some composite... and some feels like.. wood may be.

67839_original.jpg

The hole for the attaching to stand:

68291_original.jpg

The vent holes and front details:

68359_original.jpg

68723_original.jpg

Hengstler counter :)

68931_original.jpg

Rear serrated detail (with one imperfection):

69355_original.jpg

Back cap without D-ring:

69547_original.jpg

Back side:

69755_original.jpg

Fake spring (vacuformed plastic):

69899_original.jpg

Strange hole:

70392_original.jpg

Telescope:

70412_original.jpg

T-tracks are cool:

70782_original.jpg

Front details (right-side):

71064_original.jpg

Trigger:

71360_original.jpg

Front:

71466_original.jpg

Interesting that front sight is made from rivet:

71871_original.jpg

72089_original.jpg

Power unit:

72524_original.jpg

72936_original.jpg

73186_original.jpg

73286_original.jpg

73584_original.jpg

73922_original.jpg

74194_original.jpg

Hengstler details:

74341_original.jpg

Inner barrel:

74615_original.jpg

Patent casting:

74885_original.jpg

Foldable stock:

75209_original.jpg

Pistol grip:

75770_original.jpg

Back latch:

75273_original.jpg

To add on to Derek thanks for posting these.....just looks like so much work to do on it especially after paying for it :/...I don't understand why they have so many visible seem lines. Also is the vacuformed spring and bolt all one piece?

At first I thought it was cool looking.  But seeing the rest of the pics, it is very rough looking.  Not crazy about the parts being held down by screws.  Using the rivet for the sight is just lazy IMO.

To be serious, this things as so many faults in it, that it is a shame to sell something like this.

I had a look at SDS homepage, this thing is listed there for 194 GBP! That's 230 EU or 310 USD!!

That's abslotute barefaced.

-The front muzzle -junk-

-The front sight   -junk-

-The hengstler counter -  absolute unclean casted-

-The power cylinders - wrong in size and this cheap pins which should represent the capicators are just a joke,too.

-Trigger - wrong-

-Scope- unclean casted ,too-

-Folding stock  -cheap, the rear plastic stock just got screwed on a resin frontpart , nothing got filled on the seams -

-Rear part- bad cast ,too, unclean has no D ring

-Spring - looks cheap , no real spring

-No choking lever

-Blowback system - cheap deep drawn part, looks fuzzy ,too.

-Mag part - same bad quality as all the rest resin parts.

-scope rail - junk, cheap plastic and wrong mounted.

The only thing which looks good on that blaster are the T-Tracks, handgrip and the mainbody without the added resin parts.

I would not speand as more as 50 USD for that piece of junk.

Sorry .... but that's what it is... to expensive junk. You could get a way better result with a doopy doos kit for only 80 GBP.

If you have the alternative, send it back and get your money back.

Edited by Turrican

Nice package , but the overall details are a bad joke as well as this cheap hengstler sticker which get called " serial number".

May i can ask what you paid for it?

Hope not more as 150 USD.

Not a secret - 194,98 GBP (with stand) plus 25 GBP shipping. 

See the site http://www.originalstormtrooper.com/e11-blaster-collector-edition-167-p.asp

To add on to Derek thanks for posting these.....just looks like so much work to do on it especially after paying for it :/...I don't understand why they have so many visible seem lines. Also is the vacuformed spring and bolt all one piece?

They are two separate pieces.

Was one of my first blasters, and at that time, it was a lot better than the blaster I had from Jedi robe(Made a noob mistake), but after I got a Doopy E-11 I had no feeling toward pulling the SDS apart to see how it was made ;)

Wow, nice inner barrel....and thats all;)...no, the box is nice too!

Sent it back and order a doopy kit! It's much more fun to build your own blaster out of a kit then to buy a ready one and the doopy is one of the best reproduction of a sterling.....

That's not a problem for me about the money. Let it be on my shelf.

Actually I didn't see the perfection of neither doopydoo, nor sci-fire, nor even hyperfirm blasters. The only thing I laid my eyes was the DVH kit. But there is no time for building this. 

The one hope (no... - a new hope :) ) is that Vern will start producing his very promising blaster kit, which I think I'll try to bought.

wow! thanks gentlemen for allowing me to comment on this thread with so many of you wanting to see what I have to say.

short version: ask for a refund and send it back.  period.

long version:

overall this blaster shows its warts with a sort of hacked pride.  seam lines, bad casting and overall sloppy work shine on this turd.

detailed breakdown:

barrel tip:

Lacking a representation of the proper alignment of the bayonet lug offset and a huge seam line in a part that could have been cast with no seams.

front sight lacks its curves and "wings" as we see on real sterlings.  AA resculpted the front sight wrong here.

barrel construction

The front barrel tip is glued into place showing a marked difference between the barrel itself and the badly cast tip.

bayonet lug flat area flaws

the bayonet lug flat area does not extend into the proper position. only a part of it is evident in the design.

this is another major flaw

T Tracks

They do not taper at each end properly, the width is showing holes underneath

they are probably the best looking wrong parts on the blaster.

front sight

lacking the proper shape.  rivet used as a sight pin.

this is the worst front sight I have ever seen in a blaster... period.

sight rail and counter positioning

The sight rail is bent incorrectly at the rear. the hengstler counter is pushed too far back for a correct replica.

hengstler counter

The H design in these photos is probably the worst I have ever seen in a hengstler cast

huge flaws and seam lines show this part to be in watto's junkshop with little anikin trying to clean it up.

counter positioning

too far back.

counter wires

too long and should be only 4 loops in the correct pattern.

wrong

scope power cells

this is the worst part on the blaster.  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

rear sight

mounted twisted to the left with air bubbles.

junk

cocking handle and cocking slot

where is the cocking handle?

cocking slot too narrow and mispleaced

trigger group

mounting and location of trigger group shows incorrect alignment of the selector switch

selector switch is also not in correct location, and no paintwork shows the correct details.

the inner parts of the trigger group are incorrect and placed with a visible metal strip.

junk

trigger

incorrect location

handle

bad casting with incorrect details, logo and screws not represented correctly

bad paint work  as this part is supposed to be gloss black plastic.

folding stock

from the bad casting of the butt cap to the seam lines and bad construction, not to mention the huge unfilled seams but the overall look is

junk.  what is the phillips head screw doing in the folding stock? please tell me why you AA don't think wer're looking at this UP CLOSE!?

folding stock butt cap

bad casting with soft and warped details.

worst casting of a butt cap I have ever seen.

glue marks and blobs of glue

shows signs overall of rushed and bad decision making on the costruction side.

barrell holes with flashing still present.

overall paint finish and lack of detail.

lacks silver and gunmetal details on trigger group and inner rear spring.

lacks the proper military parkerized zinc finishing on the barrel and folding stock.

the bumpy texture of a real sterling is missing from the overall paint finish.

flaws

this blaster is junk

my overall impression is that you should keep the carton he sent this pack of garbage in and use it to store your e-11 that you can make from a doopy do.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

That's not a problem for me about the money. Let it be on my shelf.

Actually I didn't see the perfection of neither doopydoo, nor sci-fire, nor even hyperfirm blasters. The only thing I laid my eyes was the DVH kit. But there is no time for building this. 

The one hope (no... - a new hope :) ) is that Vern will start producing his very promising blaster kit, which I think I'll try to bought.

I have plans to offer kits in ANH ESB AND ROTJ

I helped the DVH kit to work. I helped the THG props kit to work.

eventually I have plans to blow your minds on an E-11 series of kit.

sometimes a block of material is not right.

it's in the details.

here is a thread showing photos of one of my blasters with a REAL SCOPE and COUNTER!

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/22887-resin-blaster-with-real-scope-and-counter/

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

wow! thanks gentlemen for allowing me to comment on this thread with so many of you wanting to see what I have to say.

short version: ask for a refund and send it back. period.

long version:

overall this blaster shows its warts with a sort of hacked pride. seam lines, bad casting and overall sloppy work shine on this turd.

detailed breakdown:

barrel tip:

Lacking a representation of the proper alignment of the bayonet lug offset and a huge seam line in a part that could have been cast with no seams.

front sight lacks its curves and "wings" as we see on real sterlings. AA resculpted the front sight wrong here.

barrel construction

The front barrel tip is glued into place showing a marked difference between the barrel itself and the badly cast tip.

bayonet lug flat area flaws

the bayonet lug flat area does not extend into the proper position. only a part of it is evident in the design.

this is another major flaw

T Tracks

They do not taper at each end properly, the width is showing holes underneath

they are probably the best looking wrong parts on the blaster.

front sight

lacking the proper shape. rivet used as a sight pin.

this is the worst front sight I have ever seen in a blaster... period.

sight rail and counter positioning

The sight rail is bent incorrectly at the rear. the hengstler counter is pushed too far back for a correct replica.

hengstler counter

The H design in these photos is probably the worst I have ever seen in a hengstler cast

huge flaws and seam lines show this part to be in watto's junkshop with little anikin trying to clean it up.

counter positioning

too far back.

counter wires

too long and should be only 4 loops in the correct pattern.

wrong

scope power cells

this is the worst part on the blaster. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

rear sight

mounted twisted to the left with air bubbles.

junk

cocking handle and cocking slot

where is the cocking handle?

cocking slot too narrow and mispleaced

trigger group

mounting and location of trigger group shows incorrect alignment of the selector switch

selector switch is also not in correct location, and no paintwork shows the correct details.

the inner parts of the trigger group are incorrect and placed with a visible metal strip.

junk

trigger

incorrect location

handle

bad casting with incorrect details, logo and screws not represented correctly

bad paint work as this part is supposed to be gloss black plastic.

folding stock

from the bad casting of the butt cap to the seam lines and bad construction, not to mention the huge unfilled seams but the overall look is

junk. what is the phillips head screw doing in the folding stock? please tell me why you AA don't think wer're looking at this UP CLOSE!?

folding stock butt cap

bad casting with soft and warped details.

worst casting of a butt cap I have ever seen.

glue marks and blobs of glue

shows signs overall of rushed and bad decision making on the costruction side.

barrell holes with flashing still present.

overall paint finish and lack of detail.

lacks silver and gunmetal details on trigger group and inner rear spring.

lacks the proper military parkerized zinc finishing on the barrel and folding stock.

the bumpy texture of a real sterling is missing from the overall paint finish.

flaws

this blaster is junk

my overall impression is that you should keep the carton he sent this pack of garbage in and use it to store your e-11 that you can make from a doopy do.

I say what he says lolll

Man, that's what I wanted to read. Details I can't even imagine seeing. Thanks for the E-11 101 class ;)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk