Where oh where to start

Greetings and welcome aboard!! :salute:

Here are a few good recources that I used when I got started...

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/18735-tk-resource-thread/

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

Best of luck on your journey...

Welcome Josh to the wild world of stormtrooper building.

#1 decide which stormtrooper costume you would like to build. If you are not sure then do some more research here and look at other's costumes and decide what you like.

#2 Read all the pertinent Getting Started forum posts. There is a ton of useful tidbits in there that you will need to learn.

#3 Research. Look at other members build threads to see what is involved in putting out all together and plan your build.

#4 once you have 1-3 done you may be ready for ordering your lid (helmet) and/or armor.

Welcome aboard :)
If ya like to join us in white and be a part of the 501 you came to the right place.....
Take my word when i say read, read and read some more :)
hope you find the armor you like..

PS clowns and funny people wear costumes, we were a armor :)

Also, while your on the wait list you can pick up other items like the undersuit, boots, blaster.  That way when the armor comes in, the smaller stuff is already done.

Great point. There's a lot to get beyond just the armor. After you've committed to your build, make a checklist and start gathering both the costume elements you'll need, plus the materials you choose to use for your build (elastic, snaps, rivets, E6000, industrial strength velcro, etc.)

Good luck, ask questions, and have fun!

Also, while your on the wait list you can pick up other items like the undersuit, boots, blaster.  That way when the armor comes in, the smaller stuff is already done.

I found that Trooperbay was a good resource for some of the detail items.

www.trooperbay.com

Again, good luck!! You are certainly in the right place!

WOW you guys are great! This is the friendliest forum I have ever been on!! Thanks to everyone for your helpful advice and kind words. It feels 10 times better knowing that I have helpful and kind people here to get me along my journey here. I've begun reading Everything I can to get going and plan to start a checklist on things ill need. I can't say enough about the warm welcome though, just outstanding!

Thanks again.

Josh